"A" '28 '29 Tudor Sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info! I was thinking with an open engine car it would help with the heat. We will see, if runs hot, I'll know where to start!

Can you get a title with a build in progress? Rolling chassis and body any that's it? Or did you need the car fully operational before starting to title?
Also, did you title your vehicles as the year that were manufactured, or did your titles end up as date of your inspection?
I only ask because you mention high beam indicators and most of our builds didn't have those factory.

Sorry it took so long for me to see this.....I was gone for a week and lost track. It was my experience, as stated above, that if you get an assigned VIN number they title the vehicle as a 2014 whatever and it has to meet all the safety regulations for a vehicle of that year. With a title, of course, it would be titled as the year of original construction and would only need the minimal equipment. This can also get sticky with EPA regs. :(

It was my experience, as stated above, that if you get an assigned VIN number they title the vehicle as a 2014 whatever and it has to meet all the safety regulations for a vehicle of that year. :(

Thanks for the input! I considered that, and called the officer who inspected the car the next day, and asked him that exactly. He said it would not be a problem. I'm definitely skeptical, I hope all goes well!

Front crossmember

I took a few weeks off, but been back at it recently!

I tacked together, what I believe will be the final Watts link. Everything cycles and clears fine, and seems to function properly.

Got the front shocks mounted!

Slammed

Ride height

Gas tank is mounted! I put the filler neck behind the license plate.

I made some removable panels so I can service the undercarriage from above.
The battery box is behind the passenger seat, and my "trunk" is behind the driver seat

∆∆ Thanks!

Picked up an old shifter at a swap meet. I was told it's an E-brake handle from an early '30's pick-up, I really have no idea, but i liked it!

Got the linkage dialed in..I think!

Started the tunnel/floor.

Looks good Hoov... I was stoked to see that progress had resumed when I dropped in the other day! It is really coming together!

Thanks man! Still tons to do, but it really feels like it's coming together well!

Today I gave the driver side floor some structure and a lower seat panel. I mounted it with 2 bolts in the front, and the rear slides into slots. The upper panel is not mounted yet.

Links for Watts

I took a few weeks off, but been back at it recently!

I tacked together, what I believe will be the final Watts link. Everything cycles and clears fine, and seems to function properly.

Slammed

Ride height

I LOVE Watts Links, I've never seen one on the front before.
A couple questions regarding the link angle at ride height: I thought you wanted them to be level. Do you just need to have them at equal angle to each other? Can you raise the pivot on the axle or does that need to say near the axle centerline?

I see your Jeeper DNA!
My '93 Wrangler started with those factory alloys and ended up with similar steelies, I think they were called Rockcrusher, LOL!

-Chaz

A couple questions regarding the link angle at ride height: I thought you wanted them to be level. Do you just need to have them at equal angle to each other? Can you raise the pivot on the axle or does that need to say near the axle centerline?

-Chaz

I am absolutely not an expert on the Watts, and have only seen a few in person. In all my research, I decided I was best to build mine parallel at half ride height. (seemed like the proper way to build it).

I don't see why you couldn't raise the pivot, as long as you raise the frame-side mounts as well.

It cycles smoothly, and everything works well. If it doesn't work, I'll change it!

Cool looking build! I'm working on a 30/31 tudor sedan, however I want to keep a back seat and a little higher ride height to take the kids cruising. I will be keeping tabs on your build though!

Been getting a lot done over the past few weeks, nothing much worthy of an update, but it's been a while.

The floor structure is mostly done, and I've begun the sheeting process.

I picked up a tranny yoke, so I could finally cut the driveshaft to length. I still have to dial in the driveline angles, and throw in a U joint, before It's completely done. (The pics are not at ride height.)

Tonight, I started on the brakes. I decided to go with Wilwood, dual master cylinders, and a reverse swing pedal assembly. I was torn between the 7/8" and 1" bore on the Masters. I went with a 1". I hope it was the right choice. So far it looks like it'll work well.

Latest posts

Back