'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite quote from my brother who has spent his entire working life in the auto industry usually standing next to an engineer is."Well GM,(or whom ever) spent millions of dollars on engineers to get this right. And they usually do":)
looking great POPS.[cl
Those driver side starters always make things interesting. Just ask anyone with a Nailhead or a Olds Rocket engine
Torchie

Thanks Torchie. Good to hear from you.

The paint should be dry so it's wiring time today.

Attachments

• IMG_3498.jpg
    IMG_3498.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3499.jpg
    IMG_3499.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 38
Pops, I'm always in what people use for wire loom, terminals, connectors and shrink. Solder, crimp or both? (I have done solder and no solder, doesn't seems to make any difference except in the time it takes to do it.)

Looking forward to seeing the details of what and how you do it.

Stay healthy!

roger
you do great work dude.
it seems like everything you put your hand to turns out really sweet.
i am glad we got to hang out while we did
believe it or not i learned a bunch from you.
i gotta get you out here for pheasant blastin season
now we will have your own private bedroom for you to stay in.

Pops, I'm always in what people use for wire loom, terminals, connectors and shrink. Solder, crimp or both? (I have done solder and no solder, doesn't seems to make any difference except in the time it takes to do it.)

Looking forward to seeing the details of what and how you do it.

Stay healthy!

I used to solder then heat shrink but lately I just use crimp connections and haven't had any problems. That seems to be a long standing debate. I think you have problems when you over crimp. It cuts the wire strands and then comes loose.

That dist. access is cool ![/QUOTE)

Thanks. I had to do that when I set the engine back.

^^^^^^^^^absolutely^^^^^^^^^^

I'm watching this build so much I-R-POPS, that I even watched your floor paint dry, [and enjoyed it]. Keep on tinkering.

Thanks for the interest Mac. Watching paint dry can be fascinating sometimes.

roger
you do great work dude.
it seems like everything you put your hand to turns out really sweet.
i am glad we got to hang out while we did
believe it or not i learned a bunch from you.
i gotta get you out here for pheasant blastin season
now we will have your own private bedroom for you to stay in.

Thanks Bill.
We did have some good times.

Todays progress. Got the steering column back in. It still fits. NO room for anything else in that area for sure.

Got the oil coolers hooked up temporarily. I just used clamps and rubber hose on the ends of the rigid lines and ordered the good stuff.

I don't think I'll have any problems with this set up this way. I didn't really like the fact that the fittings in the radiator cooler were 5/16" and the rigid lines and the fittings in the finned cooler were 3/8". Time will tell I guess.

Should be able to get started on the wiring in the AM.

Attachments

• IMG_3514.jpg
    IMG_3514.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3518.jpg
    IMG_3518.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3530.jpg
    IMG_3530.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3521.jpg
    IMG_3521.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 36
Just got to hook up that last wire and I'll be done. Problem is I can't find the last one in this mess. It's gonna be fun and I'm loving it. It's amazing how much money the little stuff involved in a wiring job costs.

I'm mounting everything in the center and plan on making a cover plate to hide it.

While planning this thing out I realized the alternator was controlled by the computer in the donor so I picked up an electronic voltage regulator. I think it will work, we'll see.

Attachments

• IMG_3532.jpg
    IMG_3532.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3533.jpg
    IMG_3533.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3537.jpg
    IMG_3537.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3535.jpg
    IMG_3535.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 36
Never understood why Dodge didn't put a connector on the column for the wiring harness...[S

Looks good! [P

Latest posts

Back