RATS// what's your'e reason for building them?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they are just cool,

Well being a old guy 68 and never haveing a hot rod ,had to put food on the table with three kids to feed now that they are gone i am finding that i love the look of rat rods and they dont take a lot of money to build or buy.and the up keep is not that all bad ,no crome to mess with or shining up the paint job they are just cool in my book, i cant wait to get one of my own and drive it to our local car shows.thats why i like them.
LATER POPER HERM[cl

I liked all cars but never really thought about owning a Rat till I met Mr Gussett. His Ryde and his work changed me forever. I cant stand the thought of owning something ordinary anymore. Im Rat infested in my mind! RR[dr

i seen this sign awhile ago, its said ..Rat-ROD a fun, low budget, traditional, rusty,patina hotrod built with junk yard parts, built to drive - not show.. i smiled when i read it

i have always been to the low buck side of hot rods, like the post by herman i had family and home to take care of. i don't really call them rat rods, i call them hot rods, and i hope none take offence to that. i'm 49 now and in the pic i'm 24/25, still have the same truck, it don't look like this at this moment, it's coming back together slow, but in the pic it is rattle can black, the wheels where the white spokes that i painted with chrome bumper paint, it faded to look like alum. low buck builds all the way.

[cl

Attachments

• 63-1.jpg
    63-1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 23
I did perfection for awhile. It ain't fun and it uses up all your time. For what? Might be good for a business, not a marriage.

What fun is a car sitting in your garage because your afraid to take it out?

Im a big lover of cars and trucks that are one of a kind.... Not a 5-10k paint job, a car that has personality....

Affordability,personality,driveability are the reasons I built mine and the new acceptance you dont feel like you just created a Frankenstein's monster.LOL

all of the above reasons .
wanted a rig i could beat on ,look cool in ,and use as a daily driver,with out
having to keep a eye on it all the time .
something i could drive to a cruz or to walmart

new rat sticker N P C

I would like somebody to make a sticker around the letters N P C and in small print "not politicaly correct" . Not many tree huggers in the rat rod community .

As I get older, less is more.:cool:
Rats started out as old rods dug out of the moth balls made safe and put back on the road.[dr
Then they became theme art with all the gaudy crap and questionable safety.[S :eek:
Now I don't worry about labels.:p
I know what I like:cool: and I respect the work.[;)
Sometimes those are together and other times miles apart.[P :confused: :eek:

P.E.T.A

do like l do.

tell the tree huggers your'e a proud P.E.T.A member----

People Eating Tasty Animals:p

that drives 'em nuts,

Later[ddd

i always done finish work for other and never finsihed mine! so i guess i have always drove this stuff! but now itsz more choice than a have too![cl:D

I would like somebody to make a sticker around the letters N P C and in small print "not politicaly correct" . Not many tree huggers in the rat rod community .

Here ya go! Find an online sticker maker and have as many as you want ran... I'm giving this to everyone at RRR.

Why?

Because I can!

(I also threw my card in there :p)

Attachments

• npc sticker.jpg
    npc sticker.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 18
  • npc sticker2.jpg
    npc sticker2.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 22
  • lowbuckbum designs business card.jpg
    lowbuckbum designs business card.jpg