big article in the new hot rod on how popular we are!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull

''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''
wer'e so far out, wer'e in.[S:confused:

got the november hot rod and a lot's pics of rats and stories on what we have known all along,,,RATS ARE C00L[cl

and a story about a street legal sprint car,, my friend's has been on the road since 1982:eek:

Later:cool:

Attachments

• lucky eagle 015.jpg
    lucky eagle 015.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 43
  • hot rod rat rod story 001.jpg
    hot rod rat rod story 001.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 34
  • lucky eagle 007.jpg
    lucky eagle 007.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 40
Then will come the high dollar billit rat rods and and faux rust on fiberglass bodies that they will sell at Barret Jackson for $100K! [S

street rod mag

street rod builder in the march 2008 issue did a article on how to fake 33/34 ford coupe that is fiberglass. they took one and made it look like a rat rod with fake rust and faded paint job.

hi-speed rods & customs in tucson, AZ is the shop that made this car and johnny vegas is the owner and the mag states he's the one that did the paint.

Later:eek:

Oh man, now that the secret is out there will be rat rod car shows, forums, t shirts, and all that kind of stuff! :eek::D:D

Don

You laugh, but my guess is that all the above will happen soon if it hasn't started already!:eek: It just took Hotrod Mag longer to realize that Rats are here, something we've known for a while...:D..CR

of course that means we can all sell our stuff in 4-5 years for like 750% mark up to the yuppies and then take the cash and start a new trend![cl

rat rod.

what will happen to the guy that don;t build don;t work on them,doesnot hatch any of the ideas takes to someone else to put togetherthen on the weekend opens the door on the garage and says let;s go playi wrote the check. what will happen then, chuckle chuckle.:rolleyes:

All of that has already been happening. Been a real nice 27 running around here with fake rust for several years. At the Street Rod Nats one sold for about 30 grand couple of years ago. And what about Honest Charlie truck a local guy built that one and got a good piece of change for it. So theres nothing new in gong on (YET).

"nothing new yet" Solomon said there is nothing new under the sun. Thats why i always laugh on this forum when I see "unique" or "different" when its all variations of the same. And God knows if they make rat rod forums what kind of freaks will join that.....Oh wait, I would.....guess i just lost my own argument[ddd

Hot Rod magazine has always been a day late and a dollar short, heck, I think they just stopped putting custom vans in their issues, didn't they? Oh, that was a while back? I guess that shows how much I pay attention to them...

Only hot rod thing I read is the vintage ones my dad had, and the odd hot rod deluxe.
There's a guy here that has a 32 ford with fake rust and faded paint that he paid $32000 for some guy to fiberglass and put together. I touched his door, smooth as a babys bottom. Only thing that's older than 5 years old is the guy who owns it, and it's never been driven. He trailers it to/from shows. I told him if I had that kind of money, I'd have a LOT of real rats. He started to say something about how his car is a rat, I walked away.

I ceases to be junk once it is worth more than $10k. At $300K it is now considered art!

Hot Rod magazine has always been a day late and a dollar short, heck, I think they just stopped putting custom vans in their issues, didn't they? Oh, that was a while back? I guess that shows how much I pay attention to them...

Yep... usually when a fad hits the cover of Hot Rod... it's all over! Maybe I should start lookin' for van to customize!? :eek:

BoB

Here's my old LUV truck from the 70's! Dropped in a 350HP 327 4-speed... it would haul!!! Maybe mini truckin' will make a comeback!!! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

Attachments

• LUVTruck.jpg
    LUVTruck.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 3
Here's my old LUV truck from the 70's! Dropped in a 350HP 327 4-speed... it would haul!!! Maybe mini truckin' will make a comeback!!! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

Whoa! Did it ever go outta style?!

Just think what those vans woulda looked like if there was vinyl back then! There is a Ford Aerostar around here that kinda has a 70's look to it done with vinyl....

Latest posts

Back