Howdy from Wyoming

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodimusMaximus

My name is Rod and like the title says I live in Wyoming. I recently purchased a 1936 Chevy Master Deluxe. Its 99.9% complete, the other .1% is the missing glove box button. Haven't decided 100% on the build plan just yet. Fenders need some work so i'm thinking it may start as a fenderless rat rod for a bit then morph into a traditional style hot rod. Hoping to have the original stovebolt 207 I6 running soon. Its hasn't been started since the mid 80's when the car was put in a barn. I have an LS1 out of a 98 Firebird for it along with the 4L60 transmission out of the same car to go in it eventually.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 31
Welcome to RRR!

Please keep the fenders. (Many have tried and failed to make a fenderless car from this awkward shape.)

Just my opinion, but since you have such a great start (and because I'm a Chevy fanatic) I hope to lean you towards something like this...

attachment.php

Attachments

• 36 sedan.jpg
    36 sedan.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 30
Welcome to RRR from Ky, I vote for keeping the fenders also. That is one good looking chevy and looks to be in great shape.

Agreed with the Doc and Bruno - Keep the fenders on! These cars are cool cruisers but without the fenders they quickly become an awkward frumpy mess. Best of luck getting it going!

Dr Crankenstein it would only be a fender-less rat while i metal worked the fenders and/or saved the money for replacements. Ultimatley the car will probably end up similar to the one you posted, although i may address its Big "butt", thinking of taking some out of the trunk so it doesn't stick out as far. I think it would also be unique to keep the original "knee-action" front suspension, i know most throw it out but according to the restoration guys it rides and handles nice when in good working order. Not sure the motor will clear it though.

Latest posts

Back