A Little Hood Latch Repair Today

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gastrick

One of the Dirty Dozen!
This isn't much and I haven't posted any real progress on the family builds because I've mostly been doing jobs like this on our cars to make sure everything is in top notch operating order for the TRR in November.

The hood latch cable/handle on my dad's 48 Pontiac broke and was in need of a replacement. The old release was inside the car with a very long cable run. I decided to mount the new release behind the grill but out of sight.

First I chose a location and mounting point using exsisting holes behind the grill. This caused me to have to fab up this rather strange looking bracket.

Then I spray bombed the bracket and mounted it behind the grill and attached the release handle to it.

Then I cut the cable to length and attached it to the latch and it was tested and determined to be finished.

The release handle can't be seen directly from the front. That's the reflection of it under the red I A C.

This is what it looks like from below the front of the grill.

BB Poncho!

Gastrick,
Wow, I've seen u're Dad's Poncho but never realized it had a BB in it!!! Sweet!!!
Really nice work on that hood release too!
BoB

Latest posts

Back