The Roofus Special

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome; congrats! I'm betting you could sell some T-shirts with a picture of Rufus on the front to help finance your shop. Put me down for one; one of my favorite RRR builds!

I went to the Bunny Run in Jackson, TN this weekend and found a gas tank that looks like it will work for this thing. It is a plastic fuel cell with an aluminum sheet metal cover. I can't find anything like it online, but it looks like it will work for me.

When I got home, I posed it for pictures. looks like I have room to move it up and back if needed.

20160416_161803 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

20160416_204518 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

20160416_204527 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

20160416_204615 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

20160416_204545 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

Nice find, Flipper. It looks like it belongs there.

Yep. You gotta have an open mind when you walk through a swap meet...gas tank wasn't really on my list of stuff to look for. But I think it may turn out better than I could have hoped for. I will have room for any kind of shock absorber I want to run on the sides. ....and the weight won't be way past the rear wheels. My previous idea was a triangle shaped tank that would have gone from the axle to the point.

This tank takes up more "trunk room", but I think the safety part is more important.

I think I am going to ditch the aluminum skin and incorporate a steel skin in my trunk floor.

Anybody ever seen a tank made like that? What was it used for? I can't find anything similar online?
I've seen tanks like that, but I can't remember where/when. I'm thinking space saving, just like you are doing with it.

Glad to see some progress. [cl Little things count.

No real progress since buying the tank, but guys at work are giving me crap for not finishing it so maybe some thing soon…...

updates ????

Yo, are you still out there ???

2 years, 4 months, 3 weeks, 1 day
I don't know if I can wait any longer

Mike(y) Bynum
NW OR (ex KY)

Latest posts

Back