Bertha

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well not much done in the last couple days. Did secure a couple grille pieces I have been searching for since I got the car though!!! Excited to get those. Started working on more flooring last night. Got the front passenger side cut out, but after slinging the head off a hammer, catching a grinder on fire, and my shears going dull I decided to tap out for the night.... maybe more later this week.

I was wondering how your '54 was coming along. It can be hard to keep pushing when you don't see the Sun for months in the Great Lakes states.

I was wondering how your '54 was coming along. It can be hard to keep pushing when you don't see the Sun for months in the Great Lakes states.

It isn't the lack of sun that has been getting me. I am pretty well used to that. My daughter is almost 8 months old now, and she has been occupying a lot of my time. I have been spending more time with family lately. I watch her on my days off so she is not at daycare the whole time and so I get some fun time with her.

Besides that I have been working on a project for the wife. We both enjoy doing some 4 wheeling and I have been on a mission to make something for her. I picked up a 2 seat go kart last fall. Has a full cage and seat belts and a suspension. Since I picked that up I cut up the back of it and put in a trans from a Polaris quad so now it has high low and reverse, added some electricery stuff like lights, indicators and some other fun. Built a 3" lift on the front, rebuilt the rear swing arm for durability, and put in hydraulic brakes. Then I decided the motor was not up to par so it was replaced. Also trying to make use of the Polaris clutch which has been kind of annoying because of making a two stroke higher RPM clutch work on a 4 stroke lower RPM motor. I actually just ordered a couple of springs from Lee Spring that I think will help with my issue. So we shall see about that.

After all that I have been trying to find time to work on the car. I did work on it a little bit last night but that was mainly to play with my new toy. Picked up a new welder and so far I REALLY like it. Grabbed a Hobart 210MVP. Haven't got to try it on any thicker stuff yet, but I am sure I will soon.

Did work last night on making the next floor piece on the passenger side, but some how cut it too short.... bummer.... guess I will be adding some more metal there.

Attachments

• IMG95201601319520030895905[1].jpg
    IMG95201601319520030895905[1].jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 40
  • lifted[1].jpg
    lifted[1].jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20160221_180429_958[1].jpg
    IMG_20160221_180429_958[1].jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 32
Beautiful Daughter.:D
Mine are now 26 and 29 and I don't get to spend much time with them anymore. Enjoy this time while you can for it will be over in a blink of an eye.
Torchie

What torchie said [cl
On the up side you get to look forward to grand kids, their a lot of fun too. :D
Bertha will be there when you get back toit [;)

She has been a bunch of fun so far!! Now she cruises around in her walker like it is nobodies business. But she has no interest what so ever in crawling. One day I am sure she will be a big help with all of my projects.... lol

Anyhow, the clutch and flywheel have been purchased. So I guess it is time to get the motor ready to go in. The new intake is due in today. Still need to run down a carb to sit on the top, not that those are hard to find.

Got the intake, looks great, one of my buddies was kind enough to donate some other parts, puke tank, fan, plug wires, all left over stuff from when he dirt raced. Now if I could just get out to the dang shop to do some stuff!!!

Man I haven't been on here in a minute.... This project is still alive, but haven't hardly touched it in over a year. But I have not gave up on it. Did switch gears a bit though. Struck a deal this past winter for a complete donor rig. Got a 99 Silverado 2wd for next to nothing. Been in a roll over accident, frame was broke, not much salvageable but a complete harness, 5.3l and a 4L60e. Pulled it all out and a few other odds n ends, then hauled it to scrap. So maybe one day this thing will end up fuel injected. Might be nice.

I'm plugging away slowly. New motor sitting in bolted up, new trans cross member built. Test fit new column, it's just hanging there for now but will work. Had to cut a decent chunk out of the firewall for the motor to fit. Been dang cold around here. Really hinders progress.

I'd say welcome back but.....

I'm plugging away slowly. New motor sitting in bolted up, new trans cross member built. Test fit new column, it's just hanging there for now but will work. Had to cut a decent chunk out of the firewall for the motor to fit. Been dang cold around here. Really hinders progress.

I just got here myself.... :D

Latest posts

Back