my project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrodgirl

Ok so heres photo of my project its on the rough side still i know but got all winter

The 200!

IMG-20110923-00662.jpg

IMG-20110924-00664.jpg

have to replace the back of the cab

IMG-20110924-00668.jpg

seat im gonna use just need to cut them to fit and new fabric
IMG-20110925-00678.jpg

side view

ratrod.jpg

tail gate

ratrod2.jpg

passanger door
IMG-20110924-00670.jpg

door handle :D

IMG-20110918-00388.jpg

sitting in my trailer

IMG-20110918-00387.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome

GREAT LOOKIN ride! What year? Is the frame done? It looks like it's pretty far along. It sure has the right patina.[S[cl

Love the door handle!!

Lynn

The body is form a 34 dodge p/u ( old well drilling truck)
the frame is custom built and yes frame work is all done
engines a 200 out of a 40's ford falcon(and tranny)
rear end is out of a 50's ford p/u
so lots of miss mashing goin on lol
Still need to shorten my drive shaft so i can start on formin a tunnel and getting the interior work started.Got lots of work left to do before it hits the road but living in the north and the amount of snow i get truck sould be ready for the road but the time the snow melts lol
got some more pics to add here soon

just finished this dash will be matching red !!
thinking i may put a bit of black in there as well :)

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMDAzLTAwNzQzLmpwZw.jpg

ok so here my dash panel all done up!!!

So added a lovley red to accent the dash and added siler leaf to the outter ring to make it look a bit better , as you can see from the one pic it was a bit rough looking, lots of paint was missing and pitted so i removed the paint gave it a light sand and addded a layer of silver leaf to it.Turned out pretty good :)

let me know what you think? First time doing a dash panel :)

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMDA0LTAwNzQ5LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMDA0LTAwNzUzLmpwZw.jpg

dash

that dash and guages look swwwwwwwweeeeetttttt:D[cl

did ya do the numbers by hand[S

love the color(canada version, colour)

latre [ddev

I like it !!!!!!!! I know what you mean about the snow! I live in Northern Mich. and we get on avg. 120" of snow each season. Your build is cool,the door handles, the gate. Is this your first build?

ya this is my first build!! loving it other then getting my finger crunched moving the tranny ouch oh well one finger nail later i got it in place haha
The truck will be black with black cherry paint,red and black interior.which is wht the dash pc was painted red and silver :)( also why shes nick named black betty)
just finished all my switchs for the lights ect ( old 223 shells) bf think im nuts but told him im with him so what does he expect lol

Some number yes i re painted them by hand but not all them just to sharpen them up:)
I had to break down and send my drive shaft in to get done couldnt do it myself :( But once i get that back i can get the tunnel made and start on my interior Yaaa so thats my hold up right now .And will defenlty post pics as I work on the truck and most likley pester the hell out of you guys with question on how to's :)

ya this is my first build!! loving it other then getting my finger crunched moving the tranny ouch oh well one finger nail later i got it in place haha
The truck will be black with black cherry paint,red and black interior.which is wht the dash pc was painted red and silver :)( also why shes nick named black betty)
just finished all my switchs for the lights ect ( old 223 shells) bf think im nuts but told him im with him so what does he expect lol

Some number yes i re painted them by hand but not all them just to sharpen them up:)
I had to break down and send my drive shaft in to get done couldnt do it myself :( But once i get that back i can get the tunnel made and start on my interior Yaaa so thats my hold up right now .And will defenlty post pics as I work on the truck and most likley pester the hell out of you guys with question on how to's :)

How did you make the shells mount on the door handles? I really like that :) This is gonna be a killer truck when your finished :)

shows

are ya planning to do any shows in washington/oregon areas when ya get it finished?

would love to see the truck in person and see all the details pics just can't capture.

hopefully my 1933/1934 dodge sedan will be done by spring. l need a passenger side door and truck doors are the same. any ideas where to get one[S

Later:cool:

Skull Im planning on showing it in southern oregon I want to go back as i really liked it there so going to drive the truck down and hit a few cars shows on my way down ( at least one for sure)
as for the door think there was one in craigslist in souther oregon ill see if I can find the add again :)

no new pics yet just been doing body mounts and a bit of welding on the body as well,ive made all my patterns for my door pannels and a few other part i will have to replace.Still sorting out how to do this interior with the tranny bein so far into the cab and still have room for anyone with long legs lol I short so im not worryed but bf pretty tall so need to make sure he can at least ride along and not be to cramped :)

Cool looking ride, should be great with a little work.

You need to go into Photobucket and rotate some of your pics. For some reason it turns them round when you upload, mine does the same, pain in the ass. Thinks it is clever than me. :D

Latest posts

Back