my project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my truck

ratrodgirl ''Still sorting out how to do this interior with the tranny bein so far into the cab and still have room for anyone with long legs lol I short so im not worryed but bf pretty tall so need to make sure he can at least ride along and not be to cramped :)[/QUOTE]

in my post for my son's doodge truck l used a wheelbarrow for the firewall, the contours are almost perfect and l could not do so many compound curves and make it look as nice.

pic of the hole in the firewall l had to fill & pics of the solution[;)

l hope this helps.

Later:cool:

Attachments

• dodge truck firewall 001.jpg
    dodge truck firewall 001.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 93
  • dodge truck firewall 002.jpg
    dodge truck firewall 002.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 79
  • dodge truck firewall 003.jpg
    dodge truck firewall 003.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 73
  • dodge truck firewall 006.jpg
    dodge truck firewall 006.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCI0191.jpg
    DSCI0191.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCI0193.jpg
    DSCI0193.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCI0261.jpg
    DSCI0261.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 83
  • kkk (9).jpg
    kkk (9).jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Attachments

• Picture of welding and mock up 047.jpg
    Picture of welding and mock up 047.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 37
  • Picture of welding and mock up 050.jpg
    Picture of welding and mock up 050.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 37
wow thanks guy that helps !! ill post pics of the inside to show you how much room i have,I really want to worry but if Im gonna do long trips i better make sure i can have sompany ride along.My drive shaft arrives tomorrow so once thats in i can start on this part of the build glad i found this site its help out already :D

help

wow thanks guy that helps !! ill post pics of the inside to show you how much room i have,I really want to worry but if Im gonna do long trips i better make sure i can have sompany ride along.My drive shaft arrives tomorrow so once thats in i can start on this part of the build glad i found this site its help out already :D

your'e welccome:)

that is the one thing l really like about all the cool people here: ask and we will help if we can.

BEST SITE ON THE WEB l HAVE FOUND:D[cl:D

sompany, is that a canadain word for friend?????

latre[ddev

Webster will get that one.....

"Sompany "(noun) pronounced "Sum Pany".... meaning having someone along for the ride for companionship..... a derivative of "Some Company"......English or Canadian in nature....

ok so i last night started work above the doors and going to be workin around the window.All the window support are gone and have no glass so trying to sort out how im going to do this?I still waiting on parts so i cant start on the interior flooring ect just yet,but know what direction thats going thanks for helping on that guys :) I was going try and take a video and post it but my phone makes it hard to see when its dark so hoping with the day light i can, and you can see a little more detail

fenders

are you going fenderless or will you be driving the car in the rain and whatever weather?

reason l ask is on my 33/34 thing, l used channel just a touch bigger than 1/4'' for the window tracks and 1/4'' plexiglass/lexan for the windows. no wing windows as it would be to hard to do. l just pop rivited the channel to the inside of the door/window frame. mine still has the window hardware and rolls up and down so l extened the channel 8-''10'' down inside the door. that way it has side windows but they are not waterproof. mine won't be driven in crappy weather so this is not a big deal to me. l also stuck a heater in mine that is outta a 1940ish truck so its small and works well.

Later cool:

Attachments

• SCI0257.jpg
    SCI0257.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 19
  • SCI0258.jpg
    SCI0258.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 20
  • SCI0256.jpg
    SCI0256.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
sompany, is that a canadain word for friend?????

latre[ddev

'latre' - is that French for later? [ddev[ddev

Do you mean the window tracks are all missing? If you don't have the roll hardware but have a track, you can attach seat belt to the bottoms of the plexi. Add a snap at the up and down positions and your set.

Love the little 200 ford (1966 and up BTW). I have one in my speedster and love it. They like to rev and sound great with a straight pipe off the stock manifold.

The rest looks great. I wish I could paint stuff like your gauge panel.

need parts for the windsheild i did find a track for the one side window just hopin it will work:)

and yes your right my bad meant to say 60"s lol was given a 40's engine to rebuild but not using it going with the 200 got it runnin and lovee the sound :)
It either that or puttin a thumper cam in a small black and havin half solid mounts make it rumble lol but think ill stick withe the old girl for now see how it runs then if I dont like it i can change it later :)
Tryed to make a few pannels and need a english wheel hand pounding it just not doin it,Told the bf guess what my bday saterday hint hint !! lol we will see if i wake up to something sittin in the shop for me this saterday :D

Last edited:
'latre'

Sam_Fear 'latre' - is that French for later? [ddev[ddev

you know me, just tryin' to make folks feel at home here:D

on my windshield l can't find the tracks and a friend who owns a glassshop, he is just gonna cut one to fit and use the black goo and glue it in. it won't open, but l really don't care as long as its legal and l have a windshield in her. l am not running wipers so that helps by not having to make a wiper work or get in the way when its glued in.

in washington we have a fair weather law, no fenders or wipers in good weather. since l'll have neither it won't get driven in the rain.

do ya have that up there?[S:confused:

i will need to have windshild wipers, b.c law states you must have them got my motor for the fluid( thanks to my free parts yard hehe) just need to getthe wiper motor and wipers Im not sure about the fender part might have to ask about that got my wireing kit has everything it it yaaa and it sould be fairly east to run everything .sure learning alot and fast.Think i may have to ask the bf for help on some of this stuff lol

ok so while i was waitning for the drive shaft to come in i started on my over flow for the rad ( gonna be a bullet) got most of it done just need to sort out how to do the tip hummm....... also got my bday gift today YAAA bf got me an english wheel :D

here is a pic of the over flow that im makin for the rad.
made it by welding a few diffrent sized pipes together,I still need to make the top and a spot to attatch the tube from the rad,Was thinkin of powder coating it when im done to keep it nice :)

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMDA5LTAwODEzLmpwZw.jpg

red

a nice bright red powder coat and the same off white pinstripping to match the dash. I'm thinking that would make your'e overflow tube defentally POP[cl

I like the bullet theme. Show us those switches!

i will need to have windshild wipers, b.c law states you must have them

But you can go fenderless, no? I saw this car when I was in BC a couple months ago. I'm sure he was happy to have a wiper. We drove through an hour of hellacious rain, 100 miles from nowhere. :eek:

Click on image to play video

Now here's something stupid. I live in SK. Our laws say you can go fenderless if the vehicle is operated on a dry paved surface. But, if the vehicle was manufactured with wipers, you have to have them, and in operable condition. So you can't drive in the rain, but you have to have wipers. Huh? [S :confused:

Maybe it's the same in BC. I guess it's a good thing if you get caught like the guy in the vid. :D

Latest posts

Back