Rat Rod Riding Lawn Mower

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a pretty sweet little mower.. almost looks like it rode that low from the factory?

Got some taillights from the truck stop.. had to use some PVC pipe to get clearance for the pulleys inside the chassis but I think they look pretty cool.

Also got the back seat pad made but I think I'm going to pull both cushions apart, throw some red stitching on 'em, and stretch them on a little tighter.. almost there! [;)

Also picked this little radio flyer out of the dump today.. might make a nice trailer for the Helmo [ddd

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 47
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 44
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 52
The little yellow mower is a Mustang 7hp. The 7 on the front is from the factory as is the rest of the mower. These things are cool and dangerous as they have no clutch or brakes with a direct drive neutral, forward and reverse.
Ted the mower you built looks awesome.

I'm baaack!! Sorry, it's been awhile. I picked up an '82 Yamaha Maxim for free a few months back so that's been soaking up my time and creative energy... and somehow ended up matching the Helmo a little.. go figure, eh? I finally laid down those scallops tonight.. still intend to add the white pinstriping soon.

Couple o' pics, later guys!!

hellmo-1.jpg

The bike, just because...

013-1.jpg

I had to google it first just to be sure it already didn't exist but let me coin a phrase:

"Mowers in Barns"

12119870_BG2.jpg

The travesty! how could any self respecting lawn mower person just let these pieces of Americana just sit out and rot into the ground like this!

Yeah, prett sorry sight, eh?

On a similar note - The use of Ethanol in gasoline at the pump has got to be the single greatest thing that ever happened to lawnmower sales and small engine mechanics.

Latest posts

Back