Some pics of the the willys

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldnratty

Like promised, here are some pics of the cab and doors. What I want to do is take about 4 or 6 inches out of the bottom "panel" of the door and do the same to the back, channel it about 4 inches or so, and "body drop" the crap out of it. once again opinions and suggestions are more than welcome...this is my first build. Thanks Mike rats 001.jpg

rats.jpg

rats 003.jpg

rats 004.jpg

rats 005.jpg

I was told it was a 55....not sure..and unfortunately I dont have paper work...thats not slowing me down any lol. It is very rust free, it was stored in a barn for about 30 yrs till the lady I got it from bought it, its sat out for about 4 yrs or so.

i was going by the gages thats a gauge set used from 56 to 1965
but is does have a split windshield

so it cant be older than 1956 and no newer than 60 in 60 they had 1 piece windshields

is that a fender in the cab i see
did you find any other body parts with it?:D

yea there are 2 fenders and a grill and a hood..i thoughy the headlight bezels were good but there not even there lol....you trying to hint around my guages?lol if so make a offer im not gonna use them.

naw i was using tha gages to tell what year the cab is i dont think im gonna use mine either there all 6 volt and kind of sun burnt

to use a 1 piece windshield in that cab you would have to bend the glass or change the roof line. changing the roof line is what they did when they came out with the "maverick" model in 1960 after 60 they all had 1 piece windshields save the windows and use them for templates for when you go to get new ones:D

Thanks tripper, I hope it comes out pretty sweet, I was just lookin at the cab and now im thinking about taking a little out of between the cowl and windsheild or replacing the windsheild frame with something different...what yall think?

Kool 1!

Ratty,
Not a Willy but I have always loved this 1! I am also a fan of leanin' back the windshield posts!

BoB

Attachments

• e3c0_3.jpg
    e3c0_3.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 38
that is SWEET...like I said I have been thinking about taking some metal between the windsheild and the cowl....while im there I may lean the posts WAY back....and ideas?

Latest posts

Back