Hello All

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

29Chevy

Hey folks. I knew there had to be a place for this kind of stuff. I am excited to have found an online community to join, share with, and learn from.

About me? Hmm. Name's Damon, I live in Sacramento, CA with my wife and daughter. At some point I thought it would be a good idea to follow in my father's footsteps so I got married twice, did some time on a few submarines in the Navy, went into construction, and bought a hot rod that will likely give me fits regularly.

I picked up a 29 Chevy pickup a few months ago, and have been driving it daily and working on it as time and money allow. The cab has been stretched, it's on a Chevy Luv frame. Powered by a 305 with 350 Vortec heads, Edelbrock 500, Flowmasters, and a TH350. It had a hacked together bed on it when I brought it home, but I decided a flatbed would be better, so I built one.

When I first got it:

Flatbed frame welded and painted:

Much better:

And the gauge panel I am working on so I can show off the sick Autometer gauges:

That's what I have. Hope to meet some good people around here.

Welcome for SoCal.
Nice ride [cl does your daughter work on it with you[S mine does and loves it :)
A build thread would be great and post all your pix, we love pix.

welcome to RRR from lower Alabama .. I have a 30 chevy truck myself . I understand the stretching the cab .. my knees are touching the dash and im only 5'11

welcome to RRR from lower Alabama .. I have a 30 chevy truck myself . I understand the stretching the cab .. my knees are touching the dash and im only 5'11

It's still tight getting in and out with the tilt column. But I didn't start on this journey expecting comfort from a truck that can give you splinters opening the door!

Welcome for SoCal.
Nice ride [cl does your daughter work on it with you[S mine does and loves it :)
A build thread would be great and post all your pix, we love pix.

She does help, and it is awesome. She refers to it as "her truck" so I figured she better learn how to wrench a bit.

Maybe she'll take her drivers exam in a rat rod.

Welcome from New Mexico. Glad you're here.
Nice little truck and I like seeing the younger generation show interest in our pass time/passion.

Welcome from New Mexico. Glad you're here.
Nice little truck and I like seeing the younger generation show interest in our pass time/passion.

Thanks. Happy to be considered young at 41. My old man lived beater hot rods his whole life. 37 Ford, 46 Chevy long bed, 50 Chevy 1/2 ton. Swapped in a Nova front end or two.

I've some work to do on my rig, but not much. I might get around to matching primer at some point. Maybe I'll go hot rod black. Who knows and I don't care much. It runs like a champ, gets 11mpg, & is loud. It's what I like.

Welcome to RRR! I really like the flat bed. Ever though about stake pockets so you can run side boards?

Thank you. The flatbed was quite a process. My old man is a better fabricator than I am and I was glad to have him visit for the build. Could not have done it without him.

He has a thing in mind for the stake sides, and asked if I could wait until June when I go out to his place for the annual car show/BBQ. If he has something in mind, it will wait until then. But yeah, that's on my mind.

Latest posts

Back