Willys long cab

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More body work.....

Todays progress.

Started working on the bed today.
I got the bottom put in the spare tire well.
The front bulk head straightened out good.
The floor of the bed was really wavy so I gave it some love/ beatin to improve it.
Welded up the extra holes left from moving the fenders back to center up with the rear axle. .
Moved the stake pocket back to the center of the relocated rear fender.
And spent lots of time beating the dents out of the side of the bed.
I think they used this bed to haul rocks that were thrown in from about 20 ft.

I got the passenger side in pretty good shape. Good enough for a light skim coat of filler.
Tomorrow I'll get the driver side done then see what I can do with the tailgate.

Then primer, paint and bed liner in the bed.

Attachments

• IMG-4831.jpg
    IMG-4831.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG-4832.jpg
    IMG-4832.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG-4833.jpg
    IMG-4833.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-4834.jpg
    IMG-4834.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG-4835.jpg
    IMG-4835.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG-4836.jpg
    IMG-4836.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 17
OH SNAP!!!!!!
I got to thinking I was almost finished when I realized I've got 3 doors some where to do. I stuck them in the RV barn to get them out of the way. Out of sight-Out of mind. DUH!?!?!? [S:eek::eek:[S

Todays progress.....

I was able to get the tailgate pretty straight and mounted on the bed this morning. Smeared a light skim coat of filler on it and got it primed.

I'm going to take another one of my grandsons deer hunting tomorrow for the weekend and plan on painting the bed next week.

Attachments

• IMG-4850.jpg
    IMG-4850.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG-4851.jpg
    IMG-4851.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-4852.jpg
    IMG-4852.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG-4853.jpg
    IMG-4853.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 15
That bed looks really good to me. Nice work Pops.

I nearly got a big white tail doe in the dark rain on the way home from Gruber's tonight.

That bed looks really good to me. Nice work Pops.

I nearly got a big white tail doe in the dark rain on the way home from Gruber's tonight.

POPS. I agree with bob. The bed looks great. It just needed some messaging.😜
bob. You and my wife should drive together. She nailed the last of a group of 3 the week of our daughters wedding. $400 away from totaling the car.
Luckily no one was hurt and it’s still very driveable. All cosmetic.
Torchie.

Thanks for the kudos guys.

Progress is slow around here lately. My lovely bride of 49 yrs brought Covid home last week from the school where she went back to work at and shared it with me.

I had to back out of going deer hunting with my grandson after a positive Covid test. Which really sucked!

I did get vaccinated back in July so hopefully It won't be too severe. So far its just flu like symptoms with chest congestion, killer head aches and low grade fever. We are Just taking it one day at a time and being miserable together.

I did manage to get the bed painted. I need to get a little more clearance where the tailgate center brace is. The one on the left is mounted 1/16" higher than the one on the right. Just enough to rub. Probably drill out the spot welds and move it down then do a little touch up on the paint. No biggy unless you're really not feeling real great.

Attachments

• IMG-4888.jpg
    IMG-4888.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 21
Wow, here's hoping you can kick Covid, along with the rest of your family. What vaccine did you have? You'd have to think it would be much worse if you didn't get the shot. I've had 2 shots of the Moderna, last one in early August so I shouldn't need a booster 'till February hopefully.
Dontcha hate it when after all the work getting paint on, it gets messed up :mad: At least its not some fancy shiny paint job and you've already worked out the fix.
Take care and rest up, it will still be there when you're better.

Bed looks great painted [cl
R&R and get better real soon, lots of good vibes coming your way. :p
I'm getting my third shot tomorrow :D

Latest posts

Back