1937 Packard 115 coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!
A comparison with a side shot of a stocker finally shows the result of all my little tweaks and changes. It's not massively lower but lowering the bumpers and lights gives that impression. Doing the mild shave and haircut to the roof was a bunch of work but I think it looks more in proportion to the rest of the body now without being obviously altered unless you know your Packards or park it beside a stock one. It actually seems to make the car look longer. :)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 18439_Side_Profile_Web.jpg
    18439_Side_Profile_Web.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3396 (3).JPG
    IMG_3396 (3).JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 57
Looks great. ZZ!
You hit the nail on the head with your remarks.
Small changes can add up to big things. And making a car look lower is all about the visual/overall picture and less about what you did to get it to look that way.
A great example of what can be done with restraint.[cl :D :cool: :cool:
Torchie

Now why didn't Packard think of building them like that. As the old song goes, "Little things mean a lot". Nailed 'er again, zz.[cl

It was such a beauty day today, I put a plate on it to take it around the block...:rolleyes:.... then I went to the gas station and put in $50,(which is not much at $1.52 per litre) - at that point I was like a dog that got out of the yard, drove around for an hour - not sorry :):)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3408 (2).JPG
    IMG_3408 (2).JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3415 (2).JPG
    IMG_3415 (2).JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 53

Latest posts

Back