Ford Falcon

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce R

Just picked up a 62 Falcon, anyone out there know if anyone makes engine swap mounts to put a 350 Chevy engine into the Falcon ? Early mustang would be the same.

Up until 66 they were really narrow. I'm fighting the same battle with my 68 Fairlane and the coyote motor I'm putting in it

You can’t. Chevy motor won’t work in a Ford, the body will puke it out![ddd

You’ll probably either have to go Mustang II or gasser style straight axle. Even a 302 Ford is a tight fit without narrowing the shock towers.

they had 260's in them from the factory. the problem i see is the rear sump pan on the chevy motor. i remember a man putting a 350 in a 65 mustang and he used a early nova/chevy II oil pan.

There's a local guy with a 65 Falcon with a 351 in it, thanks to using a Mustang II suspension. It makes them much cleaner and more serviceable under the hood, I think it's the only way to go.

they had 260's in them from the factory. the problem i see is the rear sump pan on the chevy motor. i remember a man putting a 350 in a 65 mustang and he used a early nova/chevy II oil pan.

A good friend had a '65 Falcon Sport Coupe - factory buckets - 289/auto.

I think you're right. Front sump required. Seems to me the tunnel is a little tight as well, which may be a problem for anything larger than a C4.

Latest posts

Back