1934 Dodge Brothers 1 1/2 Ton build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not the top of the springs, but where the bottom of the springs fit on the axle housing. I've drawn a red circle around the saddle in the picture. I tried to put a black dot just beside the hole in that saddle to show where you could grind it out wider.

Attachments

• gunner caps.jpg
    gunner caps.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 32
Another piece of the puzzle.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200601-231120_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200601-231120_Facebook.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20200601-231110_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200601-231110_Facebook.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 21
Well I ordered a set of wheel adapters to go from 8 lug to 10 lug however I was scamed and lost 500.00. Sucks as I'm on limited income being a disabled vet. I guess hard lesson learned. He sent me an invoice in paypal that said Dodge Dually Adaptors. I payed the money and some how it was changed to friends and family and his profile is no longer on facebook. Be carefull out there!
Scott

Have a quick question. I'm going to be running Dually 22.5 alcoas with 255/70/21.5 tires. Should I run steer style up front and rear? Or Steer style tires up front and more aggressive in rear. Or aggressive all around? Thanks for the help! I'm debating between looks and also don't know if the fronts being more aggressive tread would hurt anything..Thanks for the input!

Attachments

• Ebay Tires 2.jpg
    Ebay Tires 2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Ebay tires4.jpg
    Ebay tires4.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 3
I would contact PayPal and tell them what happened. They may be able to help you.
They are good at stuff like that and have helped us out more then a few times.
Torchie

Have a quick question. I'm going to be running Dually 22.5 alcoas with 255/70/21.5 tires. Should I run steer style up front and rear? Or Steer style tires up front and more aggressive in rear. Or aggressive all around? Thanks for the help! I'm debating between looks and also don't know if the fronts being more aggressive tread would hurt anything..Thanks for the input!
Since these tires are designed for 18-wheelers, I'd say follow manufacturers suggestions. I'm guessing you will never wear them out on this truck. Steer tires are for ease of steering, which you may need, all things considered.

I agree with Torchie, get with PayPal, they do have resources. And good luck.

Look into the future, what kind of terrain are you going to be driving on. Will it be pulling a trailer in the mud and snow or just boiling down the highway in good weather, most of the time.
My vote would be put the smooth ones on all the way around, they look better.

PayPal is awesome they have got my money back at least 3 times over the last 12 years, it's real simple just log into your account and file a dispute.
On the tires I'm thinking along the same lines as Mercury Mac

Started taking the bed apart to make it easier for me to box the frame. Getting ready to remove rear axle and install the Dana 80 dually. I'm going to be selling the original 1934 wheels and brand new tires however I just dont know what they are worth. Almost imposible to find them.

Attachments

• 20200616_145341.jpg
    20200616_145341.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 20200616_145410.jpg
    20200616_145410.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back