Rat Rods Rule - Rat Rods, Hot Rods, Bikes, Photos, Builds, Tech, Talk & Advice  since 2007!

Go Back   Rat Rods Rule - Rat Rods, Hot Rods, Bikes, Photos, Builds, Tech, Talk & Advice since 2007! > Title Q&A

Title Q&A Discussion & Q&A about titling you car!

Old 02-08-2017, 12:36 AM

I still haven't got around to doing it yet, but ill post an uupdate when I do.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:05 AM

Default idaho title process.

I was at the car show at ISU in Pocatello and the United Street Rods of Idaho organization had a booth there. I asked about registering-titling home built cars. They told me to check their web site and Idaho DMV .They said I would need a bill of sale for all the parts,, then an inspection, then the car could be titled as the year and nodel the car most closely resembles and a glass body roadster would only have to meet the requirements fo 20's 30's.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:15 AM

Default canadian titles

Here in BC we are very lucky we have a "lost or missing title search" available. Since we don't have private insurance there isn't as much red tape. You can literally take your bill of sale and an affidavit and apply to have the car registered in your name, even if the last registered owner is not the seller. If there are no serial #s left anywhere on the body or frame they'll give you a new one it only has to pass a government safety inspection.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:04 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I just filled out all the paperwork to start the process on my 39. Hopefully it will be painless. Most of the people at the DMV seemed easy to get along with. Wish me luck.

If it all goes well, I have a second set of forms to do BEFORE I start the next project. I think...

Not taking anything too seriously.