The One

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr Crankenstein

Rocket Surgeon
This past Saturday, I went[SIZE=+0] with a friend to look at a car... [SIZE=+0]n[/SIZE]ot any car, but possibly his “dream car”. [SIZE=+0]T[/SIZE]he seller was not digitally enabled so we had no pictures to go by... just a story and a handful of wish. :eek: [/SIZE]

Anyhow, we lit off with hopes of ending a 3 year search and this is what we found...

Horrible pictures (due to chicken grease on my phone's camera eye) but you get the idea. Following a front suspension swap approximately 12 years ago, it was packed in an old freight van and moved with the seller to this location.

Close inspection revealed a very solid car, all steel and plastic free aside from the tail pan and last two inches of floor. So, my friend now owns his dream '37 Chevy Coupe and I couldn't be happier for him. He also got some old snapshots, here's a couple...

Dig those Biscuit tail lights. :eek:

And for you Ford muscle fans. The seller had some other cars, but I only shot this one with his permission... again with greasy eye...

Looks like 65 Chevy tail lamps.....cool ....

Dream car.....how cool is that....actually to find what he wanted.....nice mustang but not my cup of tea.....unless it was given to me....then I'd sell it to buy me a Pontiac or if all else fails..a chevy....

We have Chevriacs if you're lookin' Sarge. ;)

'65 Chevy lights. You say Biscayne, I say Biscuit. :D My buddy hates 'em and they're first to go!

OK.....Biscuit.....never heard that before...

We have Chevriacs if you're lookin' Sarge. ;)

'65 Chevy lights. You say Biscayne, I say Biscuit. :D My buddy hates 'em and they're first to go!

Must be a Canadian thing....lol....oh I don't think they look cool...I was merely saying that 65 chevy taillights ARE cool... (did I pull that off??)...

Love those '37-'39 Chevys. Beautiful proportions. What are his plans for it?
We will need a build thread now of course.

His plans are... I'm not sure. It's his first rod project and he has a ton of decisions to make. He's going to build a shop first, hopefully fast and early in the spring. I'll start a thread when the car finds its new home...

Great find![cl Those tail lights have got to go ASAP:eek: Please!
Love 37s, if I ever get to finish the 52 a 37 is on my list of must haves, sure looks like a fantastic starting point which ever way he goes keep us posted.
Here is my dream for one.

Attachments

• 1937-chevrolet-coupe-kustom-a1[1].jpg
    1937-chevrolet-coupe-kustom-a1[1].jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 1937-chevrolet-coupe-kustom-a2[1].jpg
    1937-chevrolet-coupe-kustom-a2[1].jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 23
That's a cool ride there Doc. Glad the wait paid off for your friend. But, those tail lights . . . . . they gots 'ta go!

Latest posts

Back