No luck can't find a project truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Besides looking on ebay & CL, i also tell everyone I know what I'm looking for. That's really worked out for me!

Beercan

I have a 50 Chevy in classifieds, a 53 ford cab, and a international cab. I deliver also.

There's two ways to look at the price game

1. You buy a project that's so crappy it should have been free.
You spend the same amount of money just to get it to the point the more expensive one was already at.
This method, more times than not, ends like this, your son loses interest, you're tired of it and the next guy benefits from your labor and money because, he gets the deal.

2. You spend more money up front for a good starter, you and your Son enjoy the build all the way through with a great experience, joy rides and car shows.
Beside it sounds like times a waisting and you're eager to get started [dr

After example two is done, you get a more serious father son project then, run around picking parts up in the first father son vehicle :cool:

Just my humble (experienced) opinion :)

If you've been looking for 2 weeks, that's very short in "car years". I know people that have searched for years to find a good project. Search as many outlets as you can, and if the truck you see isn't right, walk away and wait for the next one to come along.

You spend the same amount of money just to get it to the point the more expensive one was already at.
This method, more times than not, ends like this, your son loses interest, you're tired of it and the next guy benefits from your labor and money because, he gets the deal.

2. You spend more money up front for a good starter, you and your Son enjoy the build all the way through with a great experience, joy rides and car shows.

After example two is done, you get a more serious father son project then, run around picking parts up in the first father son vehicle :cool:

i chose 1
except i poured time and all my money into it until i was done.
paid 60 bux for the wasted/rotten cab.
next time i am buying something that runs,drives and has a current title.
i will gladly pay a couple ,few thousand more for something that doesnt need 1500 hours of labor.

got a 47 dodge truck with chevy transplant. start, run, needs finished, pm if you are interested. does have a clear title but is located in OKLA.

Check Craigslist everyday for a few months, drive all the backroads you can, and get the word out to anybody that'll listen.

good point but i know the deals are there ..
remenber budget builder!!
i dont mind to spend the money but these people think the got {two lane black top}

Latest posts

Back