Frame, is it worth it?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

getcarter

this is supposedly the original frame for my car. my question is, would it be worth the work to box it and z it or should i just build a whole new frame and use a different suspension? if you notice this frame has single leaf springs on both sides of the front end. i have never seen, or noticed, any other rats with this set up which is kind of steering me in the direction of using it. in the background you will see the f 100 i am using for the donor, has not run in about 20 years! i told my dad years ago to not get rid of it because i wanted to rebuild it but now the sheet metal is trashed, perfect donor.:D

tell me what you guys think.

Attachments

• frame 1.JPG
    frame 1.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 27 pic 3.JPG
    27 pic 3.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 97
i just looked at the pictures and realized that you can not realy make out the front suspension but if anyone knows what i am talking about maybe you can tell me about the ride.

Early Chevys also used a parallel leaf spring system such as the type on the chassis that you have. But you don't see many early Chevy's either, and most of the ones you do see have the suspension replaced with something different. I don't see any reason why you can't box and use it if you so desire. But remember, sometimes by the time you box, z, and reinforce the stock chassis it is easier and cheaper to just built a frame from rectangular tubing using donor suspension pieces.

Latest posts

Back