1949 Business coupe update

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hoping to wrap up the last few details this coming weekend and do a road test. I've got the drive shaft in, most of the interior in, and the last few wiring details wrapped up. All I need to do is do the cam break in, set the timing, throw the hood back on, and a few other small things. I ran it for the first time with the exhaust on it today for a couple minutes and it sounds great; much better than the little V6. Wish I had done this in the first place.

Nothing against the V6 idea, but you're not the first guy I've ran across to have V6-Hotrod remorse. While a smaller and more economical is fun, I think eventually for many of us the novelty wears off. You're going to love that big block!

Yeah, it was fun doing the fuel injected swap and figuring everything out but I think I will like this a lot better. I sold the SHO motor to a guy that was going to put it in an Austin Healy Bugeye; probably a perfect engine for that. Thanks for all the compliments, guys.

Thanks! I took it down the road today and other than the shift cable needing some adjusting it did pretty well. Also not sure if this radiator is going to be big enough; it was a replacement for a 6 cylinder Mustang so I may need something bigger. But it got a bath and should be ready for spring with a tweak here and there; for the most part I really like it. Here's a quick vid: https://youtu.be/3PXytae5Vlw

Attachments

• IMG_0999.JPG
    IMG_0999.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1000.JPG
    IMG_1000.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1001.JPG
    IMG_1001.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 17
Thanks! I took it down the road today and other than the shift cable needing some adjusting it did pretty well. Also not sure if this radiator is going to be big enough; it was a replacement for a 6 cylinder Mustang so I may need something bigger. But it got a bath and should be ready for spring with a tweak here and there; for the most part I really like it. Here's a quick vid: https://youtu.be/3PXytae5Vlw

Sounds great! It doesn't make much cam to make a Dodge sound awesome, yours sounds perfect!

I love this thing, color and all, but I have to admit I liked the yamaha engine better. just a personal preference, I would love to run a SHO engine in something, I like screamy little 4 cylinders though so my manhood may be in question.

congrats on your portable tire melter!

It was a neat little motor but probably better suited for something smaller. You really had to rev the crap out of it to get into the power band.

You really had to rev the crap out of it to get into the power band.

stop drilling! you already struck oil!

when I was in college I had another oversquare / low torque car, a grey market 85 323i. 2.3L of 8k rpm fun, it was not a stoplight car but when you got it wound up...

enough about my dysfunction though, you are right that the thumpy v8 torque is better suited to at least the look of your car. I just want to say again I think its awesome.

Latest posts

Back