new project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frame and running gear

I cleared out enough room in the garage to get the car mocked up. Still waiting on some parts to make more progress. The kid finished stripping the body and learned how to use a torque wrench installing some valve covers. Got to love cheap labor.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 82
windshield works

got back on this thing after a few weeks off. got the windshield frame cut down and hinges back on the car. they had been cut off when I chopped the top. It took a little time but I wanted the window to open like it did before.

Attachments

• unnamed-4.jpg
    unnamed-4.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 60
  • unnamed-3.jpg
    unnamed-3.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 50
  • unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 52
  • unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 46
air bag mounts and four link

keeped on the ball and got my air bag mounts made and on the car. I made a bridge for the four link set up to mount on the rear end, and got the rest of the mounts on the frame. to my surprise it goes up and down with out binding or getting out of wack. This was a my first attempted at a triangulated four link . Its been 95* in san diego the last few days so I've been getting up early and wrapping it up by noon. garage is a sweat box by then. Oh yeah as you can see in one of the picks I used the muffler clamps to hold the brackets on before tacking them. I saw that trick on RRR. wish I could remember who posted it because I'd like to thank them.

Attachments

• unnamed-7.jpg
    unnamed-7.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 72
  • unnamed-8.jpg
    unnamed-8.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 68
  • unnamed-6.jpg
    unnamed-6.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 69
  • unnamed-5.jpg
    unnamed-5.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 75
engine is in

finally got some parts i was waiting on and was able to get back on this thing. got the motor and tunas in and the front end started to. still waiting on steering arms.

Attachments

• unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 55
  • unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 49
  • unnamed-5.jpg
    unnamed-5.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 50
  • unnamed-4.jpg
    unnamed-4.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 48
thank you. i got stalled out for awhile waiting for my front axle and motor mounts. I'm going to get it out of the garage in the next few days and try to put the body on to see how it all ends up. i felt like it was a guessing game on the motor position with out the body so i just tacked up the mounts in case i have to move it

finally got some parts i was waiting on and was able to get back on this thing. got the motor and tunas in and the front end started to. still waiting on steering arms.

I have looked closely at all of the photos and for the life of me I can't find the tunas:confused:

thank you. i got stalled out for awhile waiting for my front axle and motor mounts. I'm going to get it out of the garage in the next few days and try to put the body on to see how it all ends up. i felt like it was a guessing game on the motor position with out the body so i just tacked up the mounts in case i have to move it
During a build we like to roll them out of the garage often and give em what we call the 50ft look over . It 's hard to get the overall perspective looking at it up close in the garage .

tires

got my tires mounted on the rims yesterday. spent more than i wanted to on the cheater slicks but i think its going to look good in the end. put them up against the body yesterday to get a idea of how there going to look

Attachments

• unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 56
  • unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 41

Latest posts

Back