is the LOVE BOAT allowed here?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I adjusted my brakes and the result is that i can lock up the tires now
So i dont need a booster.
I will run new steel lines.
But I am going full speed ahead on the power steering upgrade

Now i think the small metal fuel on the electric fuel pump is partially clogged.
I guess i can try and park it on a steep hill and drain a ton of gas out of the tank before i try to change it.
I am for sure putting a shut off valve before the filter.
This is a freakin stupid setup.
Fuel pouring all over you the entire time you are changing the filter.

Well slap me silly and call me suprised.
The bone stock brakes will after careful adjustment .
Skid all 4 tires.
Takes some leg strength but
Those brakes work fine.
My drums have never been turned and the previous owner installed new master and wheel cylinders.

I stand by my beliefs, and training, that drum brakes can be just as good as discs. As long as they are properly adjusted. From what I have been taught, at a tech school, the only reasons manufacturers have switched from drums to discs is to install ABS and make maintenance lower. Takes 15 minutes per side to do brakes on a disc brake setup whereas drums takes between 30-45 minutes per wheel.

exactly why do big rigs still run drum ? I like discs easy maintenance, but if you keep drums adjusted there good

For reference the power steering upgrade calls for a reversed saginaw box.
And the man at snake river told me there are two different input shaft diameters.
And
Also a helpful tip if the shaft fit is super tight .
Sand blast the splines and you will lose 1 or 2 thousandths.

For reference the power steering upgrade calls for a reversed saginaw box
I got the box
Pump
Hoses from rock auto
And the
U joint kit
Steeringbox bracket
Steering column bearing kit from
Snake River 4x4
Everything totaled
$470

Going to install a left and right receiver hitch in the front bumper of the ambulance. Then I can mount the hitch winch where I need to.

The more powerful engine doesnt make me go any faster since i still have the low gears.
But what it does mean is that I can go up grades on the highway at 50mph.
No downshifting.

Latest posts

Back