53 Dodge Pilothouse Shop Truck build...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good!
I've got a '48 that I'll be starting on real soon.

Did you box the front part of the frame around the engine mounts?

Hey Howser57

Always loved the looks of the Dodge Pilothouse cabs...very cool in any configuration...someday I would love to get one...

I will be watching this one as you go along...thanks for sharing on here...

MikeC

Question about steering issues

I "C" notched the frame and boxed it back in.....and I custom made some motor mounts. I used the original 318 brackets on the motor, but had to shorten them to get them closer to the block. I custom made the frame mounts for the motor...they are bolted to the frame and welded...I also fabricated the transmission crossmember....here are some photos...I just finished this up last week.

I am a rookie welder, so the welds are not the prettiest....but effective.

Also, this fall I had the front axle sent to Sid's to have it dropped...I also added the Rusty Hope brake conversion to disc brakes on the front.

I have to work through all the tie rod and drag link challenges over the next couple of months....so if anyone has dealt with that, I could use some advice.

Are the steering issues a result of lowering the front or from the 318 oil pan? I am putting in a 360 and want to know what issues I may face. Knowing the oil pan position is opposite of the stock flathead pan.

Latest posts

Back