1941 chevy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tattoocharlie

ok so whats the skinny on thr original tranny in my 41,its auto but looks like a manual,(the shape)are these reliable,odds of it still working?are there adapters to say hang a powerglide on it?and last what fluid goes in these old units?any info greatlt appreciated,i got the original motor running so if i can ill run the original drivetrain for a lil.......

Sorry not a tech from 41 but i do have a 41 truck so if you are looking fo some original info go to oldcarmanualsonline they have a complete service manual for 41 passenger cars and trucks

An auto tranny from the factory in a 41 Chevy is news to me.
I'd love to see some pics of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I owned two 41 Chevy cars and to the best of my knowledge all that was offered was a manual trans.
Does it have an open driveshaft or is it a Closed Torque tube style. If it is an open or modern style drive shaft it is a refit. If it is still a 6 cylinder it maybe a later 235 CI engine with a cast iron Powerglide.
You need to post up some pics as inquiring minds want to know.[S
Torchie

:eek: Holy thread from the dead!!

I saw this and thought maybe Charlie was back and working on that cool tub, I really liked where he was headed with it .... except the part where he was gonna take the front clip off and go fenderless with a '32 shell or something.
Don't know what ever became of him, he hasn't logged on in almost two years??

Latest posts

Back