Help Identifing?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockb1

Built For Speed!
Well I am wondering what I might have here. I got this with the front clip that I purchased. The guy who I bought it from said that he thought that it came out of the truck but wasnt sure. The motor is a 350 just like the badge said on the fenders. So what are my options? What could this be? How do I identify it?
Thanks
RatRod005.jpg
[/IMG]

RatRod006.jpg
[/IMG]

Great, thats what I thought too. I was really hoping that I got a transmission with the deal, lol. Thanks guys Ill check the sites.

well it looks like I have a Saginaw. Is this a good transmission? It says 4 speed on the site, like automatic? or manual on the tree? If it is a manual on the tree is there a way to convert it to floor shift?

good tranny

I used to run Saginaw 3 speeds in my Hobby Stock. I believe the 4 speed is just as good. The only problem I ever had with them was when the driveshaft would snap...that usually broke the cast ears off. You can make your own little plates and linkage and hook 'em right up to lightning rod shifters (which is what I did), or buy a single post aftermarket shifter to hook up to. Be sure to drain the oil, take the cover off, inspect the gears, replace cover-use Right Stuff or other silicone for a gasket, then replace with fresh oil.

Last edited:
RatRod007.jpg
[/IMG]

RatRod008.jpg
[/IMG]

RatRod009.jpg
[/IMG]

Here it is from all angles. Im not too sure what set of # I should be looking for, there are a few of the Gm-#'s on it. So I have to ask which ones would identify?

if it was a tree shifter theres no place for a floor shifter to mount,, but you buy a shifter to fit it,, it will come with all the hardware in the kit,, it will both on the trans you have to take a few housing bolts out , put the mounts on , with the bolts you took out, pretty simple,, then adjust the shifter which will be the hardest part but it should come with an the cartoons and instructions!! most local parts stores sell them,, we call them alabama chevy truck replacement floor shifter,, cuz everyone with a chevy truck 3 on the tree here replaces them RTD

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back