What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sold the 40 during the week. Started liking for a driver this weekend. Also did some more work on the chopper. made the plate mount and a bracket to mount the tail light.

ScrapIron001.jpg

I got disgusted with all the steel pieces I had laying around. Couldn't find what I needed. So I removed it all and layed it on the floor in the back garage so it could be sorted and re-stored in a better manner. Here is the 1020 lbs of steel I took to the scrap metal yard. Got $81.00 for it.

That's quite a pile of cutoffs Bob. :D Every so often I look at ones I've saved because I might need a chunk off of one, and then I do the same scrapyard routine.

I got a little more done on my 27. Like some wiring started and small stuff. But mostly I helped Dan put more primer on his rpu. We undercoated the cab floor with epoxy truck bed liner. What messy stuff to work with! :eek: We even bought the special gun to shoot it and it still got all over everything. But the final product looks great and this car should last through any nuclear war, between the many coats of etch primer, DP 90, and now this stuff.

My Son Don made a deal with Dan to buy the 30 Ford Tudor sedan he had stored in our loft. So it looks like Don will be knee deep in that project pretty soon. Initial plans are for a Brookville frame and complete fender/running board package. The body is really nice and Dan already bought all new subframes and patch panels for it a while back.

Me, I plan to try to take the first drive in my 27 sometime in September. :D

Don

We want pictures, Bob.:D

We got a little done, both on Dan's rpu and on my projects. We got all of Dan's bed pieces primed and are ready to shoot them in Hot Rod Black, hopefully this coming weekend. He also decided now that he wants a white firewall, so he scuffed all of the black paint on it, and spent 4 hours masking the rest of the body so no white can seep through anywhere onto the black. I picked up the Ford Wimbledon White paint today, and some sealer, so maybe we can get the firewall shot some evening this week.

As for my stuff, I have been working on my mini bike. :eek: Got it primed and sprayed Rustoleum bright yellow. Picked up some new parts like tires, and got the front fork and rear tire assembly mounted. The front fork and frame were a little tweaked from years of abuse, so I clamped them to the welding table and heated and bent them back into shape. Last thing I want is death wobble at 13 mph.:eek::D

I only have a little more wiring to do on the 27. Dan and both have appointments with the upholstery shop Nov 1st, Dan is getting a white top made, some carpeting and seat pads. I need a complete interior.

Don

Worked on the 58 rambler I just got.
Put in new gauges and started repairing the wiring. Sunday was my birthday and spent it with my kids.

I still cant believe the condition of the 34! THAT was a phenominal find! Looks good![cl

I have almost finished with my girl friends deck...stupid rain... It was a little bigger project than I thought it would be. Need to finish it though to get on to Rambler and 46 truck projects.

I went to the dragstrip and saw a Foxbody Mustang set the track record in the 1/8 mile at 4.85, smoking a dragster in the process. UFB! :eek:

Sat on a bucket and stared at my Olds for a long time. Started measuring for the chop and section. Photochopped it several times. [;) Bought a 89 S10 - think it was overheated - a little white vapor out the exhaust. [S Bought a Poulan 14" chainsaw for 5$ - needed gas cleaned out and a tune up. :D Caught another squirrel in my livetrap - the live part still didn't work very well. :eek:

Huge progress on my Sons RPU project this past weekend. The entire cab is finally completely painted and we started to actually bolt it together.[cl Well, first of all, we did take a little detour. Dan decided he wanted to paint the firewall white, so we sprayed it with Ford Wimbledon White. I have to admit the contrast with the satin black body is much improved over the black firewall. But he did have to spend about 6 hours masking the black body parts so no white would seep through anywhere. All that masking and the actual spraying took about 10 minutes. Go figure.

Then on Saturday the paint was dry enough for us to start putting all the powder coated underdash stuff in place, like the brake setup, column support tube, etc. Dan has been using polished stainless bolts, nuts, and washers on the entire car, so we used more of the same stuff to bolt the underdash parts on. They will never be seen, but they sure look nice and were fun to install.

Here are some pictures of where we ended up.

Don

dansfirewallpainted.jpg

dansfirewallpainted2.jpg

dansfirewallpainted3.jpg

dansfirewallpainted4.jpg

Latest posts

Back