28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
titling and old car.

I bought a couple of 46 chevy trucks,pickup and 1 1/2 ton. they had tags on the firewall. I had a bill of sale and went to the DVM to get the paper work started. I had a deputy sherrif inspect it to verify the number. He was a car guy, had a camero he raced and told us where he had seen old trucks on a few ranches. It was easy to get new titles.

I have a bit of a problem, :mad: I can't find a Vin number on either car and I'm not going through the SGI BS again.:eek:

The body number is useless.

Your serial number should be stamped on the frame, near the shackle hanger, pass. side...

attachment.php

... take your bill of sale (with the serial number on it) to SGI and register as an antique. (Antique plates are cheap and get you legal.) You can change your insurance or add coverage anytime...

Attachments

• Resize of 1928Fastfour 004.jpg
    Resize of 1928Fastfour 004.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 194
The body number is useless.

Your serial number should be stamped on the frame, near the shackle hanger, pass. side...

attachment.php

... take your bill of sale (with the serial number on it) to SGI and register as an antique. (Antique plates are cheap and get you legal.) You can change your insurance or add coverage anytime...

I hear you Doc but everything I have read says the stamped number is very hard to read Both of these frames have lots of rust pitting and the numbers are not readable. The tags off the toe kick paMel's are gone with them. I am going to check with the P/O this week but I may be pooched again.:(8

I suppose you could try to register the body number. (Stranger things have happened with SGI.)

A good friend had his T bucket registered as a 1917 Ford 1 ton truck, for no good reason. SGI searched the number he had and somehow "created" the vehicle description!

here's my 28 dodge brothers built more as hot rod.
413479479.jpg

here's my 28 dodge brothers that is being built into a ratrod.
413479478.jpg

good luck with the title thing. i have to register my ratrod as a 2018, or whenever i get it done.lol

here's my 28 dodge brothers built more as hot rod.
413479479.jpg

here's my 28 dodge brothers that is being built into a ratrod.
413479478.jpg

good luck with the title thing. i have to register my ratrod as a 2018, or whenever i get it done.lol

Cool projects, and thanks, hoping to hit the registration office later this week.

Wooooohooooo

[cl[cl Went into Registries today with my BOS with the only number stamped on the body and got the car registered and plated. Now the [;)[;) begins

Since it has the car name of fast 4, an interesting engine may be a Toyota 3SGE. They are a high reving 4 cylinder engine from Japan and come with a close ratio 6 speed manual transmission. ...and can be bought for about $1,000 with the trans and computer. 210 hp at 7,600 rpm and might still get 30 mpg!

Great video [cl
Instead of using up the doors off the other body, why not just cut the rear 6" off the front doors then cut the front 12" off the rear doors. Swap pieces side to side (rear door pieces to opposite side front doors, front door pieces to opposite side rear doors), move the posts back and weld up the rear door skins to the post and rest of the opening. Getting rid of "C" pillar leaves a gap, that's why I suggested shortening the body a few inches, it will also reduce the overly long new quarter window to make the proportions look a little better.
Another option is to blank them out to make a sedan delivery... [S

Great video [cl
Instead of using up the doors off the other body, why not just cut the rear 6" off the front doors then cut the front 12" off the rear doors. Swap pieces side to side (rear door pieces to opposite side front doors, front door pieces to opposite side rear doors), move the posts back and weld up the rear door skins to the post and rest of the opening. Getting rid of "C" pillar leaves a gap, that's why I suggested shortening the body a few inches, it will also reduce the overly long new quarter window to make the proportions look a little better.
Another option is to blank them out to make a sedan delivery... [S
And this kind of thinking, ladies an gentleman, is why the lad has earned a sticky.

Being a fan of deliveries, that crossed my mind also. How would you do a rear door? Or would you? A few methods have crossed my mind, but all are nearly 100% fabrication.

Latest posts

Back