paint ideas for my 46 Chevy project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyRunnin_on_Bowtie

so I recently picked up a bed for my project. I was told it was off the guys 36 Ford hes restoring. Well my cab is dark green with lost of patina and the bed is red. I don't want to run it like that so lookin for opinions on paint. I don't want to get rid of the cab patina if possible, and I don't plan on doing a lot of body work or rust repair. I want it ratty still.
soooo..... Any Ideas:confused:

EDIT: thread title "GMC Project" lol not chevy. Guess it doesn't matter

Attachments

• bed.jpg
    bed.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 18
  • chop3.jpg
    chop3.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 17
I might try a chemical paint stripper to remove the red without removing the rust. Then rattle can it a matching color of the cab - might need to use a black base. Paint right up to the rust. Maybe a little 500 grit sanding to dull it out.

Just a thought, I haven't tried the stripper.

Yeah I've used the aerosol aircraft stripper to take all the paint off a chevy tailgate. It works great. What sucks is I HATE green lol. So I'm trying to figure out how I could change the color and not loose the patina. It might be to much to ask.... :rolleyes:

strip it paint like you want it then set it back outside the rust will come back threw .. well seeing how you want the rust ,, it may never come back :D That would be my luck !!!!

Latest posts

Back