got a new toy!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

williej

I finally got my louver punch set up and found a helper. took about an hour.

Attachments

• louver1.jpg
    louver1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 88
  • louver2.jpg
    louver2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 95
That is cool! If I had one of those, everything would be louvered. I can see it now, my wife would come to me one day and ask " why did you louver the washer and dryer?" and I'd say "Because I can."....:cool:

Can you imagine that???

That is cool! If I had one of those, everything would be louvered. I can see it now, my wife would come to me one day and ask " why did you louver the washer and dryer?" and I'd say "Because I can."....:cool:

Your maytag with louvers on the sides....cool...jmho.:D Million dolllar idea??

The first thing my wife said when I brought home a test panel was "NOTHING I own gets louvered!" it's like she knows me. I tried to argue that the drier would work better with more air flow, but the washer might not be the best idea.

Looks great do you got any pics of your louver punch, I'm looking to build one and looking for ideas and any info you may have that will help.

I will try to get a pic. It won't be today. Storming like hell here. I will tell you to leave room above the punch so that you can punch a decklid that has a curve in it. Mine doesn't and it sux! I have to do a flat panel and then add it to the decklid.

The tank would be cool if you added a recess with a bead roller and then add the panel flush. you would have to be sure to rustproof the area under the louvered panel.

Thanks for the input, a deck lid is the first major project I plan on trying so good info.

when you do a panel, it is upside down. lay your deck lid on its face, stand on the hinge edge and measure the height of the latch edge. add 4 or 6 inches to this dimension. now you can punch a curved deck lid.
OVERBUILD your frame!!!!
it cannot be too rigid!

Latest posts

Back