Would it work?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratrod94

Does anyone know if the body of a 55-59 Panel truck would fit on the frame of my 04 GMC Yukon? just kind of curious. if it would I'm probably going to take the body off the yukon and put something better on its frame... [S

i'm willing to bet the frame on the panel truck will be fairly flat, but i don't know for sure. the yukon frame my have a belly in it. that being said, check the wheelbase to see how close they are. it may work out to be a good channeled body setup. i would try to find pics of both frames to compare. good luck and keep us posted.

Now this is the thinking out of the box I love to see [cl

Simple answer is anything will work if you want it to, and are willing to put the work into it to make it.....uh....work.

The Yukon has multiple computer systems to run everything. Engine, trans and even likely cabin functions and lighting.
A swap like this, while trying to maintain the factory functionality would be a huge undertaking.
Not to say it can't be done.

I can't recall if it was on this board or another, I was following a guy putting a Ford Ecoboost f-150 chassis, under an F1. The amount of hurdles he's had to deal with are mind blowing, but his work is top notch!
He's been working on it for quite some time now and still isn't done.

I'm not trying to discourage you by any means, in fact, I WANT to see you accomplish this!
Just make sure you look at the whole picture, not just the first and last pages.
It might be a good idea to get a chiltons manual and look at each system in detail.
I think getting the body on the chassis would be the easy part.
Body too narrow? Widen it or fatten the fenders and build fender flares. Body too short? Extend the frame.
Cramming HVAC boxs, controls, computers under the dash......now that's a whole other story.

With that said, looking forward to your build thread [cl
[P

Latest posts

Back