How To Remove Seam Sealer???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christcrusader13

Zip-Tie Mechanic
I am preparing to join the two haves of my Chevy's together.. and there is a good bit of what looks to be factory seam sealer on the Caprice there the floors were fastened to the rockers...

Any idea how I can remove that so I cam weld some clean metal to the new metal I have to connect the 50 Chevy and the Caprice Chassis?[S

I know it melts with a cut off wheel...LOL :D

My Son Dan had a ton of seam sealer and floor tar to remove from the interior of the Mustang he is building. I gave him my Harbor Freight air chisel and it made short work of it. The thing vibrates and all you have to do is hold it against the work and keep pressure on it, the tool does all the work and gets it off cleanly.

Don

Heat gun and a putty knife.
Then I go after that with a wire wheel on a drill.
Torchie.

My Son Dan had a ton of seam sealer and floor tar to remove from the interior of the Mustang he is building. I gave him my Harbor Freight air chisel and it made short work of it. The thing vibrates and all you have to do is hold it against the work and keep pressure on it, the tool does all the work and gets it off cleanly.

Don

thanks guys....

Heat gun - Check
Putty Knife - Check
Air Chisel - Check

Looks like I got all that I need! :D

Latest posts

Back