Different rod idea

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlatBroke

Hostage Negotiator
I have had an idea in my head for the past few months that I got to get out of my head. Maybe one of you guys can use it. Here goes nothing:
Been thinking about using a wheel / tire combo off of a “Big Rig” to put on a Rat Rod / Hot Rod. Why would you do such a thing you ask, because the tires would last for ever. This would not be a normal build project of course. You would have to plan from day one to go with such a wheel / tire combo in order to get the stance you wanted to accomplish.
You would probably have to get adapters made for the sheer size of the lug pattern.
I know it sounds off the wall, even for me.
Something else I been thinking about: what would you think about using the cab off of an old Big Rig to build a rod out of, even the cab off a military 2 ½ ton or a 5 ton truck. The old style looks are still there for chopping, channeling or whatever you could think of.

OK, what do you think/ (I mean other than you think I should be institutionalized)
Really…..Lemmie hear it…

I've always liked the idea of big rig wheels on normal trucks. There are actually a couple of 4x4's running around here with them on, but they are highly modified. I'll have to get a couple of pics. They look sweet because they are still dullies! It's kindof a Dub edition offroad toy!

That would be the biggest thing to get a kick out of,
Ride by somewhere there are a few of those "Ghetto Fabulous Rides" just hanging out and watch them scratch there heads in disgust...

LOL...LOL...I would love that:p :p :p

Big rig rat!

Flatster,
That would b really kool! I've seen 'um with every imaginable combo... why not!!! How 'bout a dually?!?!

BoB

Last edited:
dubz, psshhh, no way! These are 30's sucka! lol

how about one of these?
threerivers082.jpg

threerivers083.jpg

they are smaller and have that cab over big rig look.
in this order:
lose the towing equipment
chop
slam
flat black

I have half a mind to offer the guy my 59 as a trade. My wife is partial to it though and i don't think she would be as enthusiastic about a cab over rat truck. oh well.....

Well great!, there goes one of my top secret projects right out to the public, Thanks alot Flat!. Really I have been looking into that for a while now. I have a corporate 14 bolt and a set of bud wheels gathered and have been looking at tires. I was thinking Pickup truck, but then again, I like trucks.

great minds think alike.

Bone,
Get outta my hed dude...LOL...LOL...
I was thinking bud nut set up the other day too...(You know me, just gotta be different)

Truck deffinately. Old mack cab, chopped top.....The biggest draw back I can think of is going to be BRAKES. Once you get that much mass rollin you still gotta stop it. Maybe some of those massive brembo's or something.

I still like the idea of leaving the "Ghetto Fabulous" crowd in awe just shaking their heads and watching their jaws hit the deck......:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back