49 Ford aka "The ****box"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

project40

Here's my winter project a 1949 Ford Sedan. I got it in trade for my 66 pickup. It came with no engine or trans and 3 ever-flat tires. I just want to get it back on the road for starters. Plans are for a 302 and C4 with stock rear for now. I'm also going to shave the trunk and gas cap and fill the hood. Anyways heres a pic of when I first got it.

shoe1.jpg

Hopefully I'll stay motivated and actually "finish" this one. The boss wants it ready for the spring.

Last edited:
Haha **** are thanks to the swear removing feature of the forum :) I liked the stance too may have to make it look something like that.

Man that thing looks like it's in good shape ! [i got a rat 50 ford coupe i'm wantin to chop this winter also ]keep us posted for sure !
are you gonna chop it mabie ????
i put an s-10 front under mine and it worked out real well so fare .

Attachments

• 101_2405_320x240.JPG
    101_2405_320x240.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 47
I doubt I'll chop it yet Chopper but who knows ;) Not much progress yet but stocking up on lots of parts...what's next you ask? Hmmm....

shoe2.jpg

Love these shoebox Fords, some of my earliest memories of cars were customized Fords, seems every Kid had one. Yours looks very solid. It won't take much to make it really a cool driver.

Keep up posted.

Don

Finally some progress. I got a little bored waiting to put the engine in so I shaved the mirror, antenna and filled some molding holes.

shave1.jpg

shave2.jpg

And today with help from the best father-in-law ever we got the engine in WOOO WHOOO!!!

engine.jpg

Lots to do. I've been told it needs to be done for show season so wish me luck.

UPDATES!!!
So what happened. Is it finished? Did you dump it? (sell it) So many people jump on the bandwagon of (rat rods) whatever, just wondering if this car is done or what.

Man that thing looks like it's in good shape ! [i got a rat 50 ford coupe i'm wantin to chop this winter also ]keep us posted for sure !
are you gonna chop it mabie ????
i put an s-10 front under mine and it worked out real well so fare .

you should just sell it to me, been lookin for a decent one for a long time!!![P

Latest posts

Back