First Project continued... 37Ford/46International

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, my wife says I should paint an eyeball on the window so it looks like it's squinting and have wings coming out from behind it. Probably won't do this, but I like her creativity.

My father-in-law almost talked me into chopping around the back window so it stayed the same size, but I convinced him that it just looks better with the window chopped too. The top door chunks will be added next time and the cab will almost be ready for a good sandblast.

more chop progress...

Moved on to the doors now. Wow, this was more of a pain than I thought. I would be curious to inspect others builds and how they filled the gap on the doors without having donor doors. I basically just took a chunk that I had cut out that had the same width for the window channel and just started cutting, welding and hammering/dolly until it was where I wanted. I hope the left side turns out this good. Once again they aren't perfect, but for my first build I'm happy with it. I guess after I get the left door completed I'm going to knock out a big ding in the door and weld in a couple small patch panels and it's time for some fiberglass filler. I really don't think I'll need too much filler since the chop came out so nice, but with as anal I am about this I'll probably make it as nice as possible. Anyways, here are some pics.

5-4.jpg

1-4.jpg

3-4.jpg

7-4.jpg

You're movin' right along with this,,it's comin together good. Now you can ad all this chop top experience to your rod building Resume' :)
keep the pics comin..

Here are some updated pics. I've had the floors in for a while, but I haven't posted pics yet.

floors.jpg

Here's the seats we may use, but it will take some fitting. I may use something different.

maybe_seat.jpg

Here's a mock-up of something I want the grill shell to look like. It's going to have to be wider at the bottom and come out more to the bottom of the grill to cover everything right.

grillShell_mockUp.jpg

Here are some of the driver side door after the chop. I ran into a problem here. The door is good and straight, but the cab is not as straight as I thought. I should have cut the rear section into 2 pieces, but instead I tried to "make it fit. It's nothing I can't fix later, but there is a 1/8 to 1/4 inch gap at the rear top of the door. I may just bondo the lip some to make it look better (at least from the outside). I'm still excited with my progress though and am getting close to firing up the motor.

rightDoor_4.jpg

rightDoor_3.jpg

rightDoor_1.jpg

rightDoor_insideGap.jpg

Hears one that used your idea only upside down. Is your little wife doing the artwork in the background of your grill mockup? Nice.

Attachments

• PICT0224.jpg
    PICT0224.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 83
  • PICT0243.jpg
    PICT0243.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 35
Thanks for the compliment. That's my artwork. I'm a pinstriper/airbusher/custom painter. I've been striping and airbrushing for about 5 years now. If you ever need anything painted, let me know. Small items can be shipped and if the price is right I travel.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the compliment. That's my artwork. I'm a pinstriper/airbusher/custom painter. I've been striping and airbrushing for about 5 years now. If you ever need anything painted, let me know. Small items can be shipped and if the price is right I travel.

Thanks again.

Do you sell the small panel striped stuff that is in the background? I am always looking for stuff for the garage.

I bought it from a buddy. I think it's just a universal aluminum radiator, 3" core. It's never been used and a good price so I grabbed it.

Latest posts

Back