Things that make you go hmmm....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what right or wrong is but it looked really nice as it whizzed past, bright orange with a white tail. Exactly like the one in the link I posted above.
I suppose someone repops the nose and tail for clones and it very likely could have been a clone. I can't imagine driving a potential quarter million dollar car in the rain across Montana.

I saw one Monday. It was coming back from Talladega. They usually have a gathering of them and Super Birds at the race. The one I saw was Petty blue with the white stripe and wing. What surprised me was that it was on an open trailer. I figured as much as they are worth, a body would put it in a enclosed trailer.

How's this for treatment?

Dunno if it's a clone or not but still... It's in a "museum" that's missing windows. Car was covered in dust and bird crap.

I heard once that there were a number of those still sitting on the dealers lots that they had a hard time selling. I do seem to remember a local Dodge dealer where I grew up had a few sitting around for quite a while when I was a kid. I think I remember the price had gone down to about 1500? [S

I saw one Monday. It was coming back from Talladega. They usually have a gathering of them and Super Birds at the race. The one I saw was Petty blue with the white stripe and wing. What surprised me was that it was on an open trailer. I figured as much as they are worth, a body would put it in a enclosed trailer.

I'll never understand towing your classic on an open trailer. If you're going to expose it to all the elements anyways, why not just drive it?

Latest posts

Back