A car without a category?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

440shorty

I have been working on another of my projects. It isn't really a muscle car, since it is a 1979 and not a Firebird or Camaro. It is kinda ratty, cause it was repainted, and that paint is faded and falling off. And a couple of rust holes. It is mostly stock still, but I am slowly improving it.
Where should I post this project, or not at all?

1979 Buick Skyhawk

Attachments

• Skyhawk_Oct_1.jpg
    Skyhawk_Oct_1.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 94
mercury marine made a 3 liter inline 4 that ran out pretty good
then they had a 4 liter inline 4 that had the 460 bore and used a 460 head but had a smallblock chevy bellhousing

i always wanted to build one for a project like this

donor car

I do have a1998 Camaro V6 parts car. I plan to swap in the entire late model drive line and electrical system, eventually.

mercury marine made a 3 liter inline 4 that ran out pretty good
then they had a 4 liter inline 4 that had the 460 bore and used a 460 head but had a smallblock chevy bellhousing

i always wanted to build one for a project like this
I read a big thread on the HAMB about those and there are some serious obstacles to over come which require a fair amount of fabrication and machine work. Only one member had actually ever got one into a car. I guess vibration is a big issue in any 4 banger that big without a balance shaft too.

buddy had one that came with a 262 or 267 cid v8. over a weekend it had a solid lifter 327. little car ran like stink.

I'd put it in the build section too.
Those who want to follow along will and those who don't, won't.
What about an inline six out of a Trailblazer?

Small block will bolt in there with factory parts, if you can find them. I think Hooker still makes headers for them. A friend of mine just recently had one for a while with the 262 V8 from the factory. His was a coupe. Interior was perfect, outside, the vinyl roof was peeling and paint was bad. He took a razor blade to it, stripped all the paint, there was no rust anywhere. Another guy saw it in bare metal and had to have it, made an outrageous offer, my buddy took him up on it.

Latest posts

Back