What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drove a 1000 miles to go to a high school regional championship game and 2 basketball games. I really enjoy me grandkids but dang I'm getting to old for that kind of beating.

Spent the weekend writing. I signed up for National Novel Writing Month, and the goal is to write 50k words in the month of November. As of Sunday night, I'm at 40,637 words...I think I just might make it!:D

Good work, Animal. I don't have your discipline. My novel is started but not a quarter done, and I've drifted away from it. After 40 thousand words you should be addicted to the story and just keep rolling along.
Good Luck.

On another note, I finished up doing the brakes and seals on a Mopar 8 3/4 rear-end that will go into a '46 Dodge D23 coupe. I had wanted to get this done and installed before winter hit. Oh well, I'm only a few days behind and as punishment for my tardiness I will have to mount this rear-end outside in the snow.

Attachments

• IMG_1403.jpg
    IMG_1403.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1603.jpg
    IMG_1603.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Good work, Animal. I don't have your discipline. My novel is started but not a quarter done, and I've drifted away from it. After 40 thousand words you should be addicted to the story and just keep rolling along.
Good Luck.

On another note, I finished up doing the brakes and seals on a Mopar 8 3/4 rear-end that will go into a '46 Dodge D23 coupe. I had wanted to get this done and installed before winter hit. Oh well, I'm only a few days behind and as punishment for my tardiness I will have to mount this rear-end outside in the snow.

Thanks, Mac! I only get to work on it on the weekends, but you're right....I'm ready to keep going now. Good work on the rear end. Maybe you'll get a couple of nice days to install it! :)

Steering on the Chevelle started to get a lil hinky so I decided some new parts were in order! Look at the deplorable conditions I have to work in... haha! Mrs Tripper decided to put her goatie's alfalfa right in front of the back door... sure smelled good though! These are the old parts layin' on the floor... glad that's over with! [ddd

BoB

Check that rag joint. I spun one out on my 64 Cutlass. They don't have the captive pin and slot thing like later ones. I just happened to be turning into the driveway when it happened.:eek:

One of my side projects was to tinker up my '55 Merc pick-up. I've been driving it for 20 years now, and I've noticed that it needs a little TLC. The thick tin water pump pulley on a small block Chrysler is too weak, so the constant flexing of the fanbelt pulling on it finally cracks the front and the pulley starts to wobble. I finally found a new pulley at Summit and now I'm putting in a new water pump and the pulley.

Attachments

• IMG_1615.jpg
    IMG_1615.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1617.jpg
    IMG_1617.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 13
On Friday I didn't do ANYTHING ! :D It felt great not to have anything to do but relax for the entire day for a change ! [cl

On Saturday, Don and I took a look at his boat motor. He has a 454 in it and lately it has been starting to miss at top end. We did the normal stuff, cap, rotor, etc, but then we pulled off the exhaust manifolds and noticed some moisture on a couple of plugs. Since he has stainless steel exhaust manifolds, and they look good, it is probably a blown head gasket.

So, we had the marina put it back on the rack and we will get to it after he gets the new motor back for his T bucket from the engine builder. It never rains but what it pours, sometimes !! :(

Don

My brother whom I haven't seen in quite a spell came with his wife for a visit! He has a basketball player & went to college on scholarship. He insisted on playing local pickup games with kids half his age & repeatedly sprained his ankles! He's 71 now & has more trouble walking than I do (I have bad ankles)! I was pretty surprised! It's hell gettin' old! :eek:

BoB

I was telling you about tinkering up my '55 Mercury pick-up, well I finished putting the new water pump and pulley on and a gas tank switch over. Tomorrow i'll run it up on the hoist and do a few things underneath.

Attachments

• IMG_1619.jpg
    IMG_1619.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 12
Put in cab lights, radio/phone jack/amp with two 6x9s and a glove box!

2hfi35f.jpg

vq4bjk.jpg

...ones blocked by the stack, that real life rat rod effect :cool:

Phone jack and glove box

2rr5mr5.jpg

Some 6x9s I had laying around, actually do pretty good powered by the littler kicker pxa200.2.

2pshkeq.jpg

zklnbr.jpg

Some full interior pics

snij4p.jpg

2ufd9o4.jpg

Latest posts

Back