Need opinions on value

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksheep

Hey guys, I had a friend of mine call me yesterday who has a 1953 F700 truck for sale. When he called me, I figured I would go out and find this rusty old Ford truck that didn't run. To my surprise, it was a pretty nice truck that someone has put some time into. Not sure , but I think it was like a yard truck that at one time had a winch in the bed. It still has the mounting. Points for the gin poles, and a pretty nice headache rack on it. The truck sits on factory front and I rear axles, with bud wheels and nearly new tires. It has a Mercury flathead V8 motor in it, but I forgot to look and see if it has a split differential . The only rust I found was about an inch long on the front of the hood where it is through the metal. The cab corners are. Amazing, and I the interior looks new. This truck would be a great project , but I'm unsure of its value, being that it is a larger truck. I looked underneath. At the frame and suspension. Still black epoxy painted, and very straight. Not sure where this truck has been, but appears to have been inside of a building it's whole life. That's how clean it is. Still 6 volt system, and the motor still has factory tangerine paint on it, and runs perfect. Any ideas on value of this thing? I know it's worth what I want to pay for it, but I have no ideas on what to do with it if I bought it. Haha

sounds like a neat truck.....
have you looked at ebay sold listings? searched craigslist?
other than a museum, I don't know what the truck could practically be used for. I imagine that the next owner will use the sheetmetal on a project & sell the rest...
got any pix?

Would make a great ramp truck! All the old trucks around here got used up in the woods. When they wore out or the cabs got beat off them they were parted out. IIRC, the front fenders are the only thing different from the 1/2 or 3/4 ton models.

Man, I wish I would have taken some photos. The bed is very stout on it, and would make a good hauler. I guess besides the 125 hp motor in it. I swear this thing looks like it's 6 months old.

If the engine is as good as you think it is, that alone is worth some bucks.
Prices for a good running flathead start at about a grand on the low side and go up from there.
Top speed on this large a truck might be 55 mph going down hill......[ddd
But with the right drive train it would make a nice hauler.
Most people that make ramp trucks out of these usually put the cab and front sheet metal on a newer frame and running gear.
As far as giving you a dollar value on it. If you are satisfied with what the guy is asking then that's a start. As far as resale value goes, These large trucks can be hard to get rid of at times. There was a local auction near me last week with a 52 F-6 in nice original shape and I don't think that it went for over $900.
Torchie

If you watch ebay you will see prices all over the place on those old trucks. Around here, the condition of the tires kinda tells the story, rotten tires-not worth fixing up. To give you something to compare it to, right now I know where there are a couple 48-49s, real nice. One is an F6 with a military dump bed and the other is an F4 with a dump. One has 23,000 miles and one has 32,000. I could drive either of them home for $2500

Latest posts

Back