Ok, I have a problem

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
I admit it, I can't help myself. While digging through a friends junk pile, I find an old Winnebago stripped out and laying on it's side. So I start walking around it. Hmmm, disc brakes, hmm 17.5s, hmm, nice short wheelbase, like with a driveshaft maybe 30 inches long. Hmmm. power steering. Wow, this would make a perfect frame for a COE, now where did I see a COE I could get my hands on.
Please help me.
But, but, I bet I could get it for free [dr
No, step away from the junk pile...
Are you sure?
So many voices in my head.

Just a heads up, the winne chassis almost always have ******* size brake hardware on them. With that being said I still plan on using one in my Coe.

If you find Coe trucks for cheap Lmk! I'll bring the big trailer over!:D

That big solid dropped axle with disc brakes just has my gears churning. Z that frame and drop a Federal cab on it. Find some 19.5s, 12 valve Cummins...................

What drivetrain is the winne now? If it's a dodge the cummins will pretty much bolt in depending on the years.

doesn`t sound like a problem to me... if it were all done and burned to the ground....then you would have a problem...

`bout the engine... mopar sb has the dizzy at the transside ,bb up front. 413 / 426 / 440 have a machined boss at the front driverside ( at valvecover gasket level) ID stamped in there. 361 / 383 / 400 dont have that.

Only problem I see is the 19.5's. Very hard to find used, most people let them sit on their motor homes until they rot.
I have plenty of room to store projects. I have thousands of projects in my head. I do not have money or time enough for what I already have going on. My creative spirit is being held down by these two factors. So I dream through others. Maybe one day I'll have both time and money at the same time. With a big enough lottery win, it could happen....:D

Latest posts

Back