The Tripper Award build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And cut it out with the plasma, hand drawn, hand cut.
tripper9-15.jpg

that is awesome work like all you do Bonehead.
question; i like to mess around with some metalart myself, what technique do you use on the skulls to get that effect on the chin area? do you use a wire feed? if so what kind of settings are you using?

mo

Kool stuff!!!

Believe me... pictures don't do this thing justice! It is totally awesome & I love the build too. I really love seein' how the pros do things like the penny trick. I'm gonna use that next week! I learn something new here *every* day!!!

BoB

Thanks Trip, I also ought to mention the names of the guys who chipped in are written on the back. There are a few guys who missed the deadline, but it was a group effort, and is really a reflection of how all the guys on RRR feel about this place.

Thanks Trip, I also ought to mention the names of the guys who chipped in are written on the back.

Hummmm... that must have washed off when I hosed it down after all that talk about my penpal Ted & thought I heard ticking!!! :eek:

BoB

Attachments

• Unabomber.jpg
    Unabomber.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 14
nixon said:
new pennies beings they are only copper plated wouldnt work for the "old penny trick" would they? just couldnt help from think the "old" trick might need "old" pennies.

They are still the same thickness, but you are right, if you welded into them by accident. They are not copper anymore. I use them for spacers. I have a bunch of pennys on top of the welder, and I use the old ones in places where I am going to weld, and I need them not to stick.
I tacked my corners, then pulled out the pennies with plyers.
We use to use pennies setting up for pipeline welding certification tests. You get two short chunks of 4 inch pipe, then you bevel the ends, with a torch, and a grinder. We set the first piece down and then 3 pennies, then the upper piece. 3 spot welds, and you lay in the first of 3 passes, electric arc. Then the inspector cuts strips out of the pipe across your weld, and puts those strips in a small press and bends the weld backwards until it breaks. Having a weld on the inside, ( thats what the 1/16 in space does) really helps hold that strip longer.

Thanks...

Thanks for the how to, Bonehead.
It's always nice to hear the proceedures from the craftsman. :cool:
Well done. '22

Latest posts

Back