car gods

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadillacoffin

Banned
hey im curious to how many "car gods" that im unaware of and maybe a good way for other people to learn. i know norm but not alot about him. ive seen some about gene... and my personaly favorite bill hines. im convienced that rat fink was created because of him. i know im wrong but look at the guy.... snarling old man slobering with spit with a torpeto cigar all hunch backed.... the guys awsome! i know its alittle off pace but cant forget chip foose. some greats mentioned any facts about these guys or more for the list

heres a pic of norm with one of his skuls

Attachments

• 0209cr_detroit11_zoom.jpg
    0209cr_detroit11_zoom.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 15
Norm is a character. I met him at Daytona a few years ago, and had exchanged some letters with him about 10 years ago. He is sincerely a nice guy. He got into acting as a result of his T being used on movie and TV sets, and was in some of the B movies back then. Never really was a star, per se, but he did work fairly often. He packed up and moved to, I think, Arkansas in the late '70's I believe.

His wood carving extends to more than the gearshift knobs. He makes very high end rocking horses, among other things, and is a very talented woodworker. He built a big ole truck to move his family cross country, and called it a HENWAY.......and would always crack the joke, "what does a hen weigh....oh, about 3 pounds." :D

His T is my alltime favorite car, probably because I was glued in front of the TV every Friday night, watching 77 Sunset Strip, hoping they would use his car in that weeks episode. When they did show it, it was really exciting, and a 12 year old boy from Pennsylvania could only dream of owning one like it.

Just getting to meet him in Daytona and getting to shake his hand and kid around with him was something I will never forget. After all, he IS the Father of the T bucket. :)

Don

Latest posts

Back