agrivation or just confusion

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzz

Livin' the rat roddin' lifestyle
Why are most aftermarket gauges 2 1/16 inches in diameter but nobody makes a hole saw 2 1/16" ..can find 2 or 2 1/8...so I gotta get out the ol half round file and exercise my arms...[S

Attachments

• a bucket 126 (Small).jpg
    a bucket 126 (Small).jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 28
  • a bucket 127 (Small).jpg
    a bucket 127 (Small).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 25
I have a cheapo 2" hole saw that drills a hole that's really slightly larger than 2". I can usually drop a 2 1/16" gauge right in after using it.

If I am not mistaken, Home Depot carries 2 1/16. Could be wrong, but I have one and think that is where I got it. I also have a 3 3/8 for the large gauges.

Don

Thanks for the replys. My local tool supplier, which is just a small town hardware store and usually has anything I need. They said no such a thing as 2 1/16. But next time I get near home depot, 25 mile trip, I will check it out. It really didn't take too long to file the holes alittle bigger but I felt like a rant!!...;)

I gotta agree with Willowbilly....

I just make a quick pass with the die grinder to make them fit, takes all of 30 seconds
I'd rather make it tight and fit it with a grinder than wallow it out too big with the 2 1/16 hole saw....as was said most of those make it slightly larger anyway....JMHO.....

Latest posts

Back