Building your own wishbones?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorodders

Who has built their own? Any Suggestions? I have an early 30's Ford Axle. I'm gonna fit 2005 GTO Spindles and Brakes on. I thought I had everything. Motor, Trans, Body, Rear Axle Assembly, Tires/Wheels,Brakes.. Forgot about Wishbones. I'd like to design something different then the norm but, may be better off starting with a platform.
Wish I knew...

I'm afraid Ron is right. While anything is possible, I think the work and time involved would be better spent on something else on the car.

Don

I built my own a few times

Attachments

• 391688_314848038531375_1564456009_n.jpg
    391688_314848038531375_1564456009_n.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 64
  • 228686_207256609306556_289523_n.jpg
    228686_207256609306556_289523_n.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 62
SinnerS hot rods,
Can I borrow your helper? Nice job on the wishbones!

R Pope,
Ain't gonna work is the way I will go :).

I already have the parts. It's gonna have to work! I might have a buddy test drive it though =)

I might have a buddy test drive it though =)

There is always 1 dumb one in the group you can get to test stuff for you.[cl Funny, I haven't found the one in my gruop of friends.[S
Gotta go. I get to do the maiden flight of my buddies dishwasher / jet pack invention!:D

SinnerS hot rods,
Can I borrow your helper? Nice job on the wishbones!

R Pope,
Ain't gonna work is the way I will go :).

I already have the parts. It's gonna have to work! I might have a buddy test drive it though =)

That's kinda like saying "I have this 350 chevy block and heads from a flathead Ford so it's gonna have to work 'cuz I already have the parts".

Yeah....kinda what I was thinking....

I'm not sure......maybe I've misread something but went back...nope...didn't miss anything that I can tell.....if you have all the GTO stuff why not just go with it...do an ifs and not the straight axle....?? Or am I really missing something??? [S Can you convert the spindles to use king pins??? and if so...Why??? Anything I guess could be done but do you really want to?? Maybe I am missing something????......[S

That's kinda like saying "I have this 350 chevy block and heads from a flathead Ford so it's gonna have to work 'cuz I already have the parts".

Willowbilly3,
I was thinking of the best way to reply and noticed your signature which happens to be perfect in this case! Spindles and suspension mods are a little different blocks and cylinder heads.

I'm not sure......maybe I've misread something but went back...nope...didn't miss anything that I can tell.....if you have all the GTO stuff why not just go with it...do an ifs and not the straight axle....?? Or am I really missing something??? [S Can you convert the spindles to use king pins??? and if so...Why??? Anything I guess could be done but do you really want to?? Maybe I am missing something????......[S

While I'm somewhat new to the rat rod community I'm not new to taking a little extra time to do something you're not supposed to do. I thought one if the biggest points of rat rods is using parts you have and modifying them to work in an unconventional way. I already have these parts. I bought them for another project I no longer have. I am open to any thoughts and ideas. I'll look at using the ifs instead if the straight axle but I like the old drilled axle. I'll keep y'all updated.

Sorry.....didn't mean any disrespect.....but

even if you have the parts, not always "practical" to try to modify them....if you feel that you can accomplish your mission....man...by all means use what ya got....like I said...wasn't dis'ing you at all....just asking if it was feasible....and please, by all means keep us posted on your progress..... :D

Latest posts

Back