Looking for a pic - corner roof weld with a spiral

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_Fear

Brother Rat
Bkvail is working on his roof and I was trying to describe how someone on here pinched the corner of his roof with pie cuts and put spiral cuts at the end to keep it from making a sharp corner/point. One of the builds has a pic of it.

Anyone know?

thank you very much for the pics...... now I probably need to find some of those clamps if we end up doing that!

guess I'm dense or just can't see it.....

Thanks fellas! Those pics should help him out.

what is the difference of that method than simply splitting it straight up (either one or multiple cuts) and then filling it and welding...??? Not sure I understand that curve cut.....[S On his, won't he have to undo some of what he's done already to take that approach? Like I said, maybe i'm just not seeing it.....

what is the difference of that method than simply splitting it straight up (either one or multiple cuts) and then filling it and welding...??? Not sure I understand that curve cut.....[S On his, won't he have to undo some of what he's done already to take that approach? Like I said, maybe i'm just not seeing it.....

The idea is to spread out the end of the cut - though it's more welding, it can be easier to iron out. Problem with a simple slice on a curved surface is that you tend to get a point at the end of the cut after welding and it may need more shrinking and hammer/dolly work to bring it down.

Yep, I can see that....

just seemed to be more work to me....but never did it so can't comment on that.....Thank ZZ..

Latest posts

Back