not tech but 1/2 assed

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exador

Cold weather here in SW Ohio brought back one of my half ass things I have done to my cars over the yrs. 73 now.

An old 31 pontiac coupe ( just and old car then) did not have a heater and girlfriend would not shut up about being cold. Solution was to put in a heater. Being one of the kings of shadetree this was not hard.

Got a heater core from a friend. Used plumbing strap with strips of rubber I made mounting brackets. Mounted core, plumbed and bingo we had heat. Well almost. Took core out, made cardboard box around the core. Sealed and covered with "scotch tape". Then took and old flannel shirt and sewed around it, wazoo, heat. Female complaint, too hot. Open window, too cold.

I got an old ball valve made a bracket to hold and cut heater hose and mounted on valve. Drilled hole in lever on valve handle, took long piece of small dia. rod bent a 90 degree at one end, hole for cotter pin in rod. Run thru firewall. Now I could open or close to get comfortable heat.

When a kid in late 50`s and early 60`s and 16 with very little $$$$ ingenuity and a shadetree solved many problems.

Latest posts

Back