Drove my Rat today

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foster

I drove my rat (BugZilla) today to work for the first time and OMG that was fun and I think everyone in my office has been outside looking at it. :) I have a bunch of cars but I have to be honest I love this little car - what a friggin blast to drive. I have had it for two weeks now and other then breaking a sway bar bushing bolt off of the straight axle it has given me no troubles. :D But I have to admit 38 degrees and no top on the car got a little chilly this morning, but my ear to ear grin the whole way to work and the loud pipes kept me happy and warm.

Attachments

• IMG00053.jpg
    IMG00053.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Cool ride I'd like to see some more pics. thats just too cool it has a new meaning to Herbie the luv bug

well BugZilla is a VW, Chevy, Ford and a little bit of other things. :) She is very loud, fast, low and drives like a go kart. I do have a shimmy issue with it right not that I cant track down but I am getting closer to solving it. it has rack and pinion with a straight axle and a sway bar - weird combo at best, a 5 speed manual trans form a camaro, front disk brakes from a checy truck, camaro 12 bolt with 4.11's, 377 SBC with a sweet little cackle, custom chassis, bug body chopped with no roof, molded in the rear, and a fiberglass hood. I will be pulling the bug hood off next month and adding a model A or similar radiator and a tunnel ram. I have had a ton of cars and this is one of 7 (non daily drivers that I have collected over the years) I have right now and I love this thing! I have wanted rat for years and could not afford to spend what the A body is oging for so this worked for me. Everytime I take it out I get tons of thumbs up and some really strange looks when they figure out it is a bug. :) I will add some more pics in the pic section after the cruise in tomorrow night. We are having a Ratrod cruise in and live music tomorrow night downtown so I have an excuse to wash her up for a cruise.

Latest posts

Back