Ratty Muscle Cars and Roadkill

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

offroadrolls

I recently got wind of a new genre of hot rod called Ratty Muscle Cars. Basically, they're just cool old muscle cars that have not been fully restored. I really like the idea because I'm not much for body and paint work and I prefer patina over shiny paint any day.
I'm not sure how it got started but I suspect it may be from a couple of reality TV car shows. One is called Roadkill and the other is called Roadkill Garage. I think they started as Youtube shows but now they are on motortrend.com along with many other shows for a subscription of 2.99 per month I highly recommend both of them.

I was a Roadkill addict, till Frieberger and Finnigan kinda moved apart and the origional theme of the show was lost. They still build some cool stuff, but the road trips were awesome.

Yeah, I watched them a month old on youtube for quite a while and then tried to subscribe to Motor trend. It says I'm registered but I can't get anything to play. Dirt every day can be pretty cool too. But I kinda got tired of Finnegan, he just muddled stuff up to make the show more "watchable" Frieburger has some way cool stuff and is a good builder.

That genre has been around for quite awhile, someone put a name to it, and I would guess enough of the purest gatekeepers are getting too old for car shows so the attitude is changing.

You can still watch certain shows for free on the MotorTrend.com website without logging in, they're just not available until 8 weeks after they're available to subscribers.

Latest posts

Back