Rat Rod vs Lamborghini Aventador

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikec4193

Hi Everyone

I got this link from my friend who is an old school street rodder. I have never heard of anybody doing a test drive on a rat rod for a national magazine but I thought it was cool for sure. I have never driven or ridden in a rat rod so this was all new to me. I dont know either of the guys in the video but they seem to know a thing or two about cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rArpyMXT2ew

Whatya think everybody?

MikeC

Hi Everyone

I got this link from my friend who is an old school street rodder. I have never heard of anybody doing a test drive on a rat rod for a national magazine but I thought it was cool for sure. I have never driven or ridden in a rat rod so this was all new to me. I dont know either of the guys in the video but they seem to know a thing or two about cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rArpyMXT2ew

Whatya think everybody?

MikeC

HA! I watched that whole video some time ago! I loved every second of it!
I liked the first little bit, where the Rat was leaving the shop, and got stuck on the sidewalk :D

That car is great to see rolling. Its just my style rat, cept mine would be more comfortable :rolleyes:

I like that the Rat got more attention. Just the thing they are ment for :)
I hope for more of shows like these, that can show people how cool and fun rats can really be.

Oh thats Dave Freiburger and Mike Finnegan from Hot Rod Magazine. I like both an awful lot, but that rat rod needs some....*AHEM* finishing. The fact that the guys were griping about the brakes makes me think the builder was just lazy. It's not hard to do up a perfectly safe and reliable, well working braking system.

But this vid is way cool. I was expecting the guys to go on about the Lambo being a total beast, but they didnt lol. What I loved most was the girls going for the rat rod over the pasta rocket lol.

Oh thats Dave Freiburger and Mike Finnegan from Hot Rod Magazine. I like both an awful lot, but that rat rod needs some....*AHEM* finishing. The fact that the guys were griping about the brakes makes me think the builder was just lazy. It's not hard to do up a perfectly safe and reliable, well working braking system.

But this vid is way cool. I was expecting the guys to go on about the Lambo being a total beast, but they didnt lol. What I loved most was the girls going for the rat rod over the pasta rocket lol.

Guy mentioned near the beginning that the car was built more for form over function.

The funny thing it, each and every gripe they had about the rat, I am addressing in mine :D cept the ease of getting in and out :rolleyes:

Illmhave great brakes, comfortable seats, I can see out of it, air bags for a smooth ride, plus I can raise mine up to get over........sidewalks :)

With a little attention, a guy can make any car look AND drive great.

On the other note, I really liked that they weren't bias on either of there opinions. Each car had its good qualities, and it's own knocks. Bravo!

Not much about that "rat" makes me want it. Let's see, 300+ horsepower on tires that couldn't plant 100 horse, a human can barely fit in it, can't even get out of the drive, doors won't open or stay shut, bad brakes..... Poser car, not worth much in my world.

Not much about that "rat" makes me want it. Let's see, 300+ horsepower on tires that couldn't plant 100 horse, a human can barely fit in it, can't even get out of the drive, doors won't open or stay shut, bad brakes..... Poser car, not worth much in my world.

+1

I agree, that rat rod isn't doin it, and to be so poorly built makes guys like us look bad. I'd say that shop it came from should go back to the drawing board.

I learned a long time ago that an impractical car like that rat might be fun to look at but not much fun in real world driving conditions. The longish wheelbase and being too low sure proved that point on that driveway ! :eek:

Don

I think many builds don't put enough thought into comfort.
I like a car that is so comfortable that i enjoy just sitting in it. That feels so right i don't want to get out of it.The oak dining chairs in the Ford might look like rat rod gimmicks but if they weren't comfy they might have been replaced with lazy boys. :rolleyes:

I think many builds don't put enough thought into comfort.
I like a car that is so comfortable that i enjoy just sitting in it. That feels so right i don't want to get out of it.The oak dining chairs in the Ford might look like rat rod gimmicks but if they weren't comfy they might have been replaced with lazy boys. :rolleyes:

I like your thinking EM!
[cl[cl

They did say that the rat rod was only built as a marketing device. I feel it's unfair to then try & compare it to a fully functioning vehicle made to be driven. Other than that I like the video.

Latest posts

Back